OFFICIAL Ontario "Whats it worth thread"

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
There are simply too many of these threads currently running in the Ontario section. So instead of starting a new thread for every car, here is a single thread that can be used for everyone to post their car and ask opinions.

Hope it works....go nuts.

Last edited:

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
2010 Jetta TDI
Approaching 190,000 kms, which means it is due for its timing belt/DSG service/oil change. This is a rather large maintenance bill, so starting to think about trading/selling if it makes sense. Canadian black book online suggested 8k as a trade in.

I have all the service/repair bills (90% off the work was done at V Dubbs in Innisfil).
Comfortline (cloth seats, DSG, touchscreen radio with SD/6CD).
Blue colour, rust where the hood meets the passenger fender (should be warrantied). Dent in the bottom corner of drivers door from ice this winter (needs to be bent back in place).
Original all seasons tires, plus a set of winters on rims.
Rear brakes replaced around 170k, front wheel bearings replaced around 120k.
Exhaust flap fixed under warranty around 180k.

Any thoughts or questions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
2010 Jetta TDI
Approaching 190,000 kms, which means it is due for its timing belt/DSG service/oil change. This is a rather large maintenance bill, so starting to think about trading/selling if it makes sense. Canadian black book online suggested 8k as a trade in.

I have all the service/repair bills (90% off the work was done at V Dubbs in Innisfil).
Comfortline (cloth seats, DSG, touchscreen radio with SD/6CD).
Blue colour, rust where the hood meets the passenger fender (should be warrantied). Dent in the bottom corner of drivers door from ice this winter (needs to be bent back in place).
Original all seasons tires, plus a set of winters on rims.
Rear brakes replaced around 170k, front wheel bearings replaced around 120k.
Exhaust flap fixed under warranty around 180k.

Any thoughts or questions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
8K? No way, you can get at least 13,000 - 14,000 I say, if not a little more

BigBadThor

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Tornado Red Jetta Wagon GLS (sold); 2014 GSW Wolfsburg Edition CPO TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI GLS 5-spd

Helping my sister sell her mint 02 Golf. Here's the link to my post in the Cars for Sale section: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4571517&postcount=57

Am I pushing it asking for $7500? All major maintenance is up to date and it will be sold certified. Only a few very minor issues (only 1 key for example), otherwise it's mint, and freshly detailed to boot.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
What does a '05 Passat TDI GLS sedan with a manual 5-speed swap and 250K km is worth? Car is in average condition and would be with safety and Etest.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
No doubt, I wouldn't pay that much and neither would you, but there are people who will, many people, for sure... so in theory that makes the car "worth" that much even though official blue book figures won't match that... hence why I spent 4000 on an 03 with 200000 km... but then go to this thread, and see what others on here paid for various mileages...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=911

As for you're passat, I would pay at most 6000, just because it's 5 speed passat....

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Helping my sister sell her mint 02 Golf. Here's the link to my post in the Cars for Sale section: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4571517&postcount=57

Am I pushing it asking for $7500? All major maintenance is up to date and it will be sold certified. Only a few very minor issues (only 1 key for example), otherwise it's mint, and freshly detailed to boot.
$7500 is too much for a 12 year old car.. Maybe a wagon would fetch that price, but not a Golf. I think you'll be closer to the $5500 range.

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
What would a 1999.5 Golf GL Tornado Red, 2.0L, 2 door coupe with 190K go for? Would come safety and e-tested (completed this month)

Bad: both front fenders need replacing, driver & passenger mirror housing needs to be replaced, glove box is broken.

That pretty much sums it up.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
What people.are asking what they actually sell for are two different things. You got to be crazy to pay 6K for an AHL with any mileage.
Perhaps I'm a sucker, but having watched Kijiji for a few months I ended up paying a bit north of $6K for my 2003 Jetta @ 200K. It certainly wasn't a steal, but I remain confident I didn't get hosed either. I needed something that had been well cared-for, rust free, and could be immediately pressed into service as a 120km/day commuter+family hauler with no concerns, and so far I seem to have gotten what I was looking for. I watched far lesser cars come up for sale (and sell) for around the same money.

Still wish I had the time to hold out longer for a suitable wagon to come up for sale while I was looking. Unfortunately I had a deadline at the time.

BryanK

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
So, whats the car worth?

Evening All,

Well, seriously considering selling my 2001 Jetta TDI and possibly purchasing the new 2015 Golf TDI. Test drove the Comfort-line model this afternoon. The Golf TDI's are slowly trickling into the dealership in my town. The one I test drove was a auto, I'd want the manual.

So thought this would be a good place to start, always been a good forum for feedback.

Car has 320,000km's. Work that has been done on the car this year (2014), other than oil changes is as follows:

- March 2014: new starter.
- April 2014: front struts, coil springs, front upper strut mounting plate.

Currently the car needs a bushing in the right lower arm and usually an alignment is required after that.

Last TB done Sept 2010 @ 236,500km's, so will be due for change again @ 396,500km"s. TB parts rated for 160,000km's, shop I had the TB done at (Bug Shop in Hamilton) recommended change interval of 128,000km's which would put the TB change due @ 364,500.

Car is due for new tires. Possibly included in deal a set of steallys and Hankook snow tires with good tread still on them. Right now I am not sure about the rims and snow tires, want to check to see if they are compatiable with the 2015 Golf.

The car has been well maintained. Purchased the car in 2003 from dealership. Had approx 53,000km's on it when purchased. The body is in good condition. There are some rust spots around the front fenders as well as near the rear plates lights. Car is silver with black leather interior, has sun roof, and is a standard. Windows have been tinted.

So this is as good a place to start as any. Ballpark what you think it's worth?

thanks in advance.
bk

Last edited:

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
with the timing belt due shortly, $3000, you could try to push for 4000 if you are not in a hurry to sell, but certified and e-tested will go a long way as opposed to as is. you need the right buyer to buy a 14 year old car for $4000 as-is
btw it was mentioned that the newer golfs need 16 inch rims, also i think anything mkIV and newer is 5x112. so unlikely

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
With safety and Etest, $3500. Without it $2500

streeker02

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI
may as well throw in the winter wheels, they won't fit the new car.

BTW, I would be happy to get 5k for mine...and it's a built '04

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
'05 Jetta, 275K, Tiptronic, reflex silver, black leather interior, sunroof, lowered at dealer.
Car is not too rough but needs some TLC. Second timing belt is coming due. Driver's side mirror fell off, and probably a bunch of other small maintenance things that will need attention. I bought the car new and put on 100K then gave it to my daughter who has piloted this thing since then. I has recently had a new turbo and oil pan.

Any thoughts on value?

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
Peter, I'd say 6200-6500 if you get everything fixed. A bit less if you don't.
ok thanks Bill.

car is available for $5k in 2 weeks time. daughter is moving to the a$$ end of the world and needs a better vehicle so she gets my F250 :( . I haven't the time to do the work or get the work done as it is in an "as is condition" if anyone here has interest.

hobbyshop

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Sport, 2004, Platinum Grey
wonder if you guys can give me an idea:

1991 VW Wesfalia Camper. Engine is working. There is an oil pan leak and power steering pipe is leaking. These need to be fixed. Engine oil is changed 4 x per year till now, but it hasn't been moving since he found the leaks. how much do you think my dad should ask for?

is there a good place to put this up? kijiji? autotrader? any advice appreciated. trying to help out my dad with this

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
wonder if you guys can give me an idea:

1991 VW Wesfalia Camper. Engine is working. There is an oil pan leak and power steering pipe is leaking. These need to be fixed. Engine oil is changed 4 x per year till now, but it hasn't been moving since he found the leaks. how much do you think my dad should ask for?

is there a good place to put this up? kijiji? autotrader? any advice appreciated. trying to help out my dad with this

Put this up on:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/newads.php?type=cars

breakfasteatre

Veteran Member
TDI
gone: 97 b4v, 01, 00 mk4 now: 06 mk4v
Friend has this car.
2000, 5 speed. 170k kms. Timing belt done, full suspension overhaulEd, new summer and winter tires on rims. No rust, minor scratches on silver paint.

I'd like to give him a reasonable offer.
Also has a brand new stereo
What are your thoughts?

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
If it is really clean, has been properly maintained and you like it maybe $5000.

Only you can be the ultimate judge.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
That's really low mileage for a 15 year old car.
Golf, Jetta or Beetle?
Should be able to get between $4000-$4500

Throw it on Kijiji for $5000 and see what happens.