CAA TDIClub discount - South Central Ontario only.

exstasie

TDI
'13 VW Golf 4dr 2.0TDI
Just got a brand new 2013 Golf that comes with Roadside Assistance for 4 years. I haven't had a chance to look at the difference, but i'm guessing that the VW Roadside Assistance would cover most things from CAA? Any real need to have both?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Just got a brand new 2013 Golf that comes with Roadside Assistance for 4 years. I haven't had a chance to look at the difference, but i'm guessing that the VW Roadside Assistance would cover most things from CAA? Any real need to have both?
Your factory roadside assistance only covers the car. CAA covers the driver, regardless of what car you are in. So if you have multiple vehicles in the family, CAAcovers them all with one membership as long as you are driving it at the time it breaks down.

Nigel, you hear anything back from CAA?
I posted some info several posts up. Only NEW members can get a discount. But it is really a decent deal. The form can be downloaded and faxed or scanned:

Also, if you are already a member, you can get an associate membership for 50% off.

Last edited:

exstasie

TDI
'13 VW Golf 4dr 2.0TDI
Your factory roadside assistance only covers the car. CAA covers the driver, regardless of what car you are in. So if you have multiple vehicles in the family, CAAcovers them all with one membership as long as you are driving it at the time it breaks down.
True! Wasn't thinking about that, but I don't drive anything else, so that'll be fine for now. Thanks!

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
There may also be restrictions on the factory roadside assistance. For example, they may only tow the vehicle to a VW dealership. I guess if you are under warranty, thats not a problem. But many people prefer to have the flexibility of having their car towed where they want. Like to your own driveway, or your own trusted mechanic, for example.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Thanks Nigel! Those discounts are pretty good. I let my CAA lapse a few years ago, so I guess I'd be considered a 'new' client. I guess we'll see, lol.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
This looks good to me. I'm going to join. Just wondering if I went with the Plus membership and use my 4 tows in one year, how much would they charge for a 5th tow, if needed?

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
need update, so Nigel, I know you had mentioned you have to get the paper work started. Is that all done yet? Can i just call CAA and say i belong to this club and get the discount?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
need update, so Nigel, I know you had mentioned you have to get the paper work started. Is that all done yet? Can i just call CAA and say i belong to this club and get the discount?
That is correct. We are registered with CAA. Just fill out the form, print it and you can either fax it, or scan it and send it to the account rep (Judy) for processing.

PduBerer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI GLS (RIP), 2002 Jetta TDI GLS, 2014 Golf Wagon TDI DSG Wolfsburg Edition, 2014 Touareg TDI Execline
filled in and faxed my form to Judy today... these prices are pretty damn good

VillageIdiott

TDI
2001 New Beetle TDI; 1999.5 Jetta GL TDI
Um. Just a quick question. What qualifies as "south central' ontario?

What about Kingson, or Belleville or Picton or Brighton?

Thanks.

sLuGTDI

TDI
2001 Jetta
I drove for CAA for a long time. Just advise too all who buy dont do Basic it isnt worth it unless u stay with in 10km of were you need to be towed. At 3$ km extra it adds up fast.

e300d

Veteran Member
TDI
2xBEW wagon 1xALH wagon..both gone...no more diesel for now..have few Mercedes CDIs in family..but now its a Miata and Suburban for me lol...miss the TDI game
I drove for CAA for a long time. Just advise too all who buy dont do Basic it isnt worth it unless u stay with in 10km of were you need to be towed. At 3$ km extra it adds up fast.
Just dialed in CAA plus..92 bones out the door..and free blanket

Thanks guys

sLuGTDI

TDI
2001 Jetta
its well worth it even if you use it only once a year. also as long as you are with the vehicle you can tow it. dont have to be yours but you have to be there. i think you get 4 a year or something

SPCBox

TDI
2006 jetta
Hi Everyone,

This sounds like a nice deal but I need some things answered
if possible. First off, I read the fine print on the sign up forms
and notice it says a multi year membership must be purchased.
Also the discount is only for the first year of signing up.

So anyone know more about this?.

1. How many years of membership must you purchase for the discount?.

2. What does it cost for next years renewal membership as a primary member?

3. What does it cost for an associate membership after the first year?.

Just wanna be clear on these questions before joining.

Thanks,
Sabrina

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Hi Everyone,

This sounds like a nice deal but I need some things answered
if possible. First off, I read the fine print on the sign up forms
and notice it says a multi year membership must be purchased.
Also the discount is only for the first year of signing up.

So anyone know more about this?.

1. How many years of membership must you purchase for the discount?.

2. What does it cost for next years renewal membership as a primary member?

3. What does it cost for an associate membership after the first year?.

Just wanna be clear on these questions before joining.

Thanks,
Sabrina

You should probably ask CAA this.

pnyknight

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta 1.9 GLS, reflex silver (pseudo wrecked Apr10/13); 2013 Candy White Jetta TDI
My dads membership just auto renewed today, we'll try to see if we can 'cancel' then sign up via the club price :)
Thanks all for organizing this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...Ewww iPhone

Gaggu P

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat B5.5 BHW
You cannot sign up if u have had a membership within the past x months. Dont remember exactly what but thats what I was told when I called in

Candytdi

TDI
Mk4 Bora Tdi
I'm going to jump on this car train also , last night a tow alone cost me $100 damn oil pan lol can I just call in and sign up or how would I procead to do this over the phone just tell them I'm on the forum ??

TJGarvin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG Comfortline
Call them. The price changed a little last year (up of course), and the program itself apparently changed last month.
When I called about adding a membership for my wife last fall, the contact advised me to wait until March, then call in, transfer my membership to the Corporate plan (TDIClub) and add my wife to the plan. I was told there was some significant changes to the program, but she couldn't tell me what the changes were going to be. I haven't added the wife, yet, so I don't know what the changes were. :-(