CAA TDIClub discount - South Central Ontario only.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
With the range of these cars that should never happen... especially so for those of us who drive the "ancient" models that lack a lift-pump...

We've been members for decades... let's see where this winds up...

Yuri
I agree with you, I just thought it was funny they'd deliver a more volatile fuel like gas, but not diesel.

My parents got a discount from them because all they drive are diesels (Mom's '09 TDI and Dads LBZ Duramax)

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
If they don't deliver diesel, then they can tow you to the nearest station that sells it. Not very practical, but they set the rules.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Odds are without bleeding, you would never get it running out on the street....I bet that is why...

Ancient cars, ancient guys...thanks...lol

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Thanks to Wingnut for pointing out this thread.

I see no reason why not to aim ask for a group discount by being a TDIClub member. I believe the CAA's are different from province to province, but if this could apply in BC as well, let me know.

Let me know if you need any paperwork from me.

Fred

amacd

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Just renewed my gold plus in Nov. I will be interested next year. It saved my *ss last winter when the serp belt idler flew off on hwy 41. The tow was arround 200kms. I couldn't imagine what that would have cost if I didn't have it.

ic_ou812

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI Reflex Silver
I am interested as well...27 years on CAA gold...well worth it for friends and family...

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
You can add me to the list, but... how do you plan to account for the fact that many people on the list are already CAA members and have different renewal dates? As well, many have Associate memberships for family members... would that present a problem? (And while I'm busy throwing monkey wrenches into this, what about those who have used discounts obtained through vendors like Husky Oil??)

Yuri.

TyeRant

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Silver
In... Add my name.

But if I see someone who looks like a monkey with a wrench in hand and says they know how to fix a TDI, I will run! LOL

Currently a CAA member but would love a discount!

Thanks OP

Last edited:

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
I'm interested as well (x2) however since there are different types of memberships would like to know if the discount applies to each level or whether its based only on a particular package.

ElectricMayhem

Veteran Member
TDI
None!
Is this $50/a insurance for a tow truck that would cost me $120 in the unlikely event I need one? Not trying to be a troublemaker, just curious about what the value proposition is.

RDA3440

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Is this $50/a insurance for a tow truck that would cost me $120 in the unlikely event I need one? Not trying to be a troublemaker, just curious about what the value proposition is.
When I first proposed this, it came about because I happened to be looking for CAA for some volunteers my wife works with. I found out they had some discounts for these volunteers. I looked into it further and found out there are options for car clubs and groups.

At the least, I figured a club-renewal would offer some kick backs to TDIClub - even if there is no discount to me, I still think it's a great idea so we can support our forums with our normal CAA membership. I can personally state the high value and regard I hold for this forum. What I have saved in time and money with the help of forum members, helpful information, and the friendships I have made here really adds up. Giving back was my primary reason. Discounts are always great, so whichever way this pans out, it's all good.

It's very inexpensive peace of mind knowing I can get a tow, boost, or whatever - wherever, and whenever I need it.

Hope that helps clarify the intent.

Thanks! :)

R.

Last edited:

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
When I first proposed this, it came about because I happened to be looking for CAA for some volunteers my wife works with. I found out they had some discounts for these volunteers. I looked into it further and found out there are options for car clubs and groups.
At the least, I figured a club-renewal would offer some kick backs to TDIClub - even if there is no discount to me, I still think it's a great idea so we can support our forums with our normal CAA membership. I can personally state the high value and regard I hold for this forum. What I have saved in time and money with the help of forum members, helpful information, and the friendships I have made here really adds up. Giving back was my primary reason. Discounts are always great, so whichever way this pans out, it's all good.
It's very inexpensive peace of mind know I can get a tow, boost, or whatever - wherever, and whenever I need it.
Hope that helps clarify the intent.
Thanks! :)
R.
There are different types of Road Side available on the market , CAA is one of the better ones.

My wifes Aunt and Uncle run a towing business for many years .. They Tow for all the major Road Side Assistance vendors and have said to me many times when I ask , should I renew my caa or go with another .. Go with CAA .
My wife received a Canadian Tire "Commuter Auto Safety Kit" from Health and Safety from work because of the travelling she does for them and it comes with "1 year free Roadside Assistance included". Never even bothered to look it up .. as we have been happy with CAA for many many years.

M

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Just an update.....I sent in the request for information as soon as this thread started. I still have not heard back. So I just resent the request again today. Hopefully someone gets back to me ASAP.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
OK. Here is the scoop.

TDI Club members would be eligible to join under the Association program. However, it is only for new members, and only a one time discount (no deal on the renewal next year). So basically, this would only be good for people who currently do not have a membership. Kinda sucks for the majority of us who are already members, but some people can take advantage.

The rates are as follows:

Basic - $58.76 (reg $75.71)
Plus - $95.49 (reg $120.91)
Premier - $120.91 ($154.81)

Those prices are including tax, so are quite good.

I will fill out the forms and send them in and post the info here once TDI Club is set up in their system.

The benefits of each plan can be seen on this page:

https://www.caasco.com/Membership-and-Savings/Join-CAA.aspx?profile=DEFAULT

FYI, If you are already a CAA card holder, scan your card at Husky stations and get $$$ off your membership. I just renewed my membership last week and I got around $25 off.

Last edited:

ksa63

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 "Technik" TDI
I'm interested too. I have used CAA twice this winter, Once for a minor slip into the ditch... my kid driving and CAA covered it without me being there, and today with gelled fuel broke down on Rama Rd.
Thats twice in less than a month. :cool:

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
I'm interested too. I have used CAA twice this winter, Once for a minor slip into the ditch... my kid driving and CAA covered it without me being there, and today with gelled fuel broke down on Rama Rd.
Thats twice in less than a month. :cool:
Gelled fuel? Where do you fill up to get this nasty issue?

Thanks for the leg work on this Nigel.
I'll be spitting my CAA off from my parents mailing address and would be considered a new member I would think.