Ontario Karma thread

trailhead

Veteran Member
TDI
05sPD-BEWagon "Diesel Girl"
Wheel and bag mk4 05

I'm thinking of placing a watermelon on this and deploying it. Am I giving myself bad karma if I don't first offer it for sale/trade or free?

UPDATE; Sadly, I found a home for this so no BOOOOM!
Good news; I've karma in spades now!

Last edited:

strikeraj

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI.... FINALLY
i have a large rad fan that requires repair, just don't have time to do
rusty LCA, rusty rear springs, stock front strut and rear shock pulled from a suspension refresh

also have a pair of front brake rotors and pads with lots of material left pulled from a pontiac sunfire

MerelyKarma

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 2005, Alfa Romeo 164L
Might as well post here. I do car interior work (upholstery), so if you guys/gals have any blown seams I'm happy to fix them.

Basically if nothing but thread needs replacing, I just let me know.

I'm in Toronto,

[Edit] email me if you need any interior help, put "TDI Club Member" as the subject (to differentiate you from the normal mass of emails) Stuart at Insidejobtoronto dot com

I dont visit here a lot so PM's might take a while for me to reply too

Last edited:

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Free to a good home:
Have a bunch of stuff to give away.
Have a set of California shutters I can't use. One or 2 broken but repairable slats, otherwise in good shape.

An electric Dryer, Kenmore Heavy duty, works well.

Set of Front tan leather heated seats, obvious wear on the drivers, passengers currently buried in snow.

deflux

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
I have the stock double din radio from my 04 if anyone wants it, i'm in Niagara, often in Hamilton and Mississauga. I don't have the code for it.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
VCDS (HEX-USB+CAN), Pela 6000, Mk4 tranny plug (17mm Allen)

Always happy to help out.

Located in Uxbridge

Mark Dempter

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 MK4 TDI Golf, 1997 MK3 Jetta
I Have VCDS Lite (Registered) and TDI TB Tools, Alternator Socket, IP Socket, PELA oil drain, Wheel bearing installer / remover, shop press, Hoist. Willing to lend to any TDIClub locals. I am located in Caesarea Ontario.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
^^^great to know, Mark. I regularly travel between Uxbridge and Janetville, so Caesarea is very convenient!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macoombi

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI
I've never heard of Caesarea. Google mapped it to find out it's just outside of Port Perry. My brother lives there and I grew up in Ajax.

Anyway, I'm in Ottawa (Barrhaven) and I've got the Metalnerd strut spreader tool, triple square bits, Dieselgeek flywheel holding tool and I'm picking up a Harbor Freight engine support bar to do my clutch and timing belt this weekend. I might be buying the timing belt tools and maybe even a VCDS later this spring (if it ever comes) for the timing belt job.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
I've never heard of Caesarea. Google mapped it to find out it's just outside of Port Perry. My brother lives there and I grew up in Ajax.

Anyway, I'm in Ottawa (Barrhaven) and I've got the Metalnerd strut spreader tool, triple square bits, Dieselgeek flywheel holding tool and I'm picking up a Harbor Freight engine support bar to do my clutch and timing belt this weekend. I might be buying the timing belt tools and maybe even a VCDS later this spring (if it ever comes) for the timing belt job.

I lived close by, in Nepean back in 2011-12

Miss Ottawa daily

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Need some Karma :)

Anyone located in Toronto and to the East have a MetalNerd " Universal Sprocket Buster (TM) Counterhold Tool " that I might be able borrow for a week or so?

Mike

redlinedave

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta wagon
Free or beer
Vanagon T3 1985 rear bench seat, also a kitchen for the van. Google country homes van to see the type. Im no good at uploading photos

slickkhan

TDI
Jetta
if anyone planning an intake cleaning on their alh i have a new manifold gasket they can have.
also just got micro-can vcds if anyone needs a scan.

IAMCIRE

Veteran Member
TDI
BEW Wagon
Free golf parcel shelf. The strings are broken. Goes in the garbage coming Thursday if no one wants it.

macoombi

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI
Got a few ALH (mostly) things here in Ottawa (Barrhaven) if anybody needs to borrow them.
- Metalnerd ALH Timing Belt Tools
- Harbor Freight Engine Support Bar
- Diesel Geek Flywheel holding tool
- Metalnerd Strut Spreader bit
- Metalnerd Triple Square bit set
- Metalnerd Alternator sockets
- an ALH Rear Main Seal that I didn't need when I did my clutch

dieselsipper

Veteran Member
Free to pick up or you pay for shipping
mk4 jetta, oem, all chrome front grill. Was scratched and damaged from shipping, so the vendor sent me a replacement. I installed the replacement. I took my old grill apart to salvage the sub-piece(the one that snaps to the car) then installed the all chrome pieces from the scratched and damaged unit. Will come with two VW inserts, one was my old one 360k KM so its is pitted, and the scratched one. The scratches aren't too bad. This is a genuine VW part made in germany. I cam email pics if interested.

Ptplayers

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL 6M with sports package
Free , VW Monster winter mats for 2012+ jetta

Only used them a month before car was written off .

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Reflex Silver 2006 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon
This thread is awesome....while I have no hard parts to offer, I'm a car geek through and through....and up to lending a hand to anyone who needs it.....located in Elora, but I work in the tri-cities (k-w/cambridge)....traveling is a non issue....the best way to learn is hands on. :)

Keep it going!!

Aviator69

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI (wanted)
Great thread idea... I don't have anything particularly or part-icularly useful to offer at the moment but that may change once I get my ride...

993cc

Veteran Member
Ottawa ON, Canada; Paul Smith's, NY, USA; Amherst
TDI
2003 Jetta Tdi Wagon, Bought September 2009 with 60,000 Km on the clock. Died September 2013, at 142,000 km. in a collision with a moose. 2006 MklV BEW Jetta wagon Bought October 2013, 136,000 Km.
Used OEM shocks and struts for MKlV Jetta.

Available free if anyone wants them. They were taken off my 2003 wagon at approx. 70,000 km. They should still have some life.
Pick up in Ottawa. Contact: kirchner(dot)bob(at)gmail.com

the_$i1v3r0n3

TDI
MK5 Jetta
Have Microcan to offer in etobicoke. will have brm timing tools by end of week.

anyone have an engine support thingy that you put on the fenders that i may be able to borrow for a weekend?