Official Ontario CARS FOR SALE thread

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
There have been quite a few FS threads recently for people selling cars. While there is a specific section of the forum for selling cars, an item as large as a car really should be in a regional FS add.

So I have created this thread for users to post their cars for sale. I ask that you post all the relevant info and pictures in your post here and all correspondance can be conducted through PM's.

Or, simply post in the correct section and link your add in this thread for local viewers to peruse. This thread will be a sticky for better exposure and I will keep an eye on this thread and clean up any unecessary posts and delete any cars that are sold at the request of the seller.

Any further suggestions on how to handle this thread are welcome, but please do so via PM to keep this thread as clean as possible.

Thanks and good luck with your sales.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Thread clean up of OLD, SOLD and irrelevant posts.

If yours was one that I deleted and is still for sale, please feel free to re-post, but anything older than a couple months or has a dead link has been removed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Finally time to sell my Golf.

2001 Golf GLS TDI 5spd, Peloquin, 0.658 5th, 337 brakes+axle, Koni Coilovers, tune, nozzles, EGR delete, SRP
GLI sport Leather, Rline goodies, Black headliner and acc.

Here's the ad with a shoot for the moon feeler price:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...-1-9-alh-gls-tdi-5spd-full-leather/1598395883

I'm sure a few locals know of it from previous threads, or seeing it in person:

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
'09 Jetta TDI
Anyone need parts? Going to the scrap next week. Ran good, turbo blew on it a couple months ago. Been parked since.
Was working on swapping the turbo and got sick of the job.

New DMF last summer.
New front bearing last summer
Have a replacement turbo.
pm sent

Boostlee

TDI
05 Jetta wagon
'09 Jetta TDI
Anyone need parts? Going to the scrap next week. Ran good, turbo blew on it a couple months ago. Been parked since.
Was working on swapping the turbo and got sick of the job.

New DMF last summer.
New front bearing last summer
Have a replacement turbo.

BRM engine code? could use the intake manifold

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Finally time to sell my Golf.

2001 Golf GLS TDI 5spd, Peloquin, 0.658 5th, 337 brakes+axle, Koni Coilovers, tune, nozzles, EGR delete, SRP
GLI sport Leather, Rline goodies, Black headliner and acc.

Here's the ad with a shoot for the moon feeler price:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...-1-9-alh-gls-tdi-5spd-full-leather/1598395883

I'm sure a few locals know of it from previous threads, or seeing it in person:

SOLD!

Last edited:

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
We have a 2010 A3 TDI in the family. My daughter has been driving it for the last 2 years. It rarely goes far enough to bother keeping a TDI for her. In fact I had to train her to do a highway run once a tank to burn off the DPF. Looking to trade for either an A3 gasser or Golf. Must be automatic.

01nate

TDI
01 bug, 03 jetta
I have a 2014 golf wagen tdi mt. It has approx 110000km on it. It’s stock however I have a Kerma q loader and tune for it. Best offer takes it! It’s black.

Last edited:

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
SOLD

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI with 5-speed manual transmission in Reflex Silver, 203300 original kilometers. Options include power windows/locks/mirrors, heated seats/mirrors, cruise control, AC, all of which work perfectly. No sunroof (which is exactly the way you want it).

Upgrades include:
-DefenderTech steel skid plate
-Upgraded injectors and Malone tune installed by Giles at performancediesel.ca
-IDParts Quiet Clutch
-Bluetooth/hands-free head unit

Also comes OEM VW roof bars, Husky Liners (and original OEM VW floor mats that I never used), and a set of Hankook iPike winter tires mounted on OEM VW Monterey alloys. I also have a New South boost gauge and steering column pod that has not been installed that can be negotiated in if interested.

Regular service items:
-Timing belt done at ~92K kms.
-Brakes (all pads+rotors) done at 182K.
-Oil changes all done by me. Rotella T6 5W40 for the first few changes and thereafter strictly LiquiMoly 5W40. Average oil change interval 9633 kms. Yes, I have a spreadsheet.
-Serpentine belt and idler assembly done by me at 148K.

Kijiji ad with pictures here:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1618982681

Asking $7000. Go ahead, flame away :).

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Oh yeah - meant to mention that. Only 200K km, body in good shape, tasteful/useful mods....$7K is entirely reasonable.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Gotta love inflation coupled with a crazy car market... by the way, @McGuillicuddy, sold in a day? that's impressive, but I can't say i'm surprised... I had most of my parts from my 02 part out fly off the shelf within 2 weeks, I was baffled there was such demand

ss04vv

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 382k & counting...
I am the happy new owner of Mcguillicuddy's car. Great shape and all the right mods. No complaints about paying the post-pandemic premium for such a great example. I've been out of the tdi game for a few years now - looks like I'll be a bit more active on these forums again.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Congrats! I think you got a great car.
The reason I'd asked above about the time since TB was that the general consensus is that you generally don't want to go much more than 7yrs or so on a TB. And given the low mileage on the car (barely 200K km on a 20yr old car?!), I'm guessing it's been a while since the TB was done, even if was only 110K km ago.
If I'd bought it, I'd probably be planning on a new TB somewhere in the next year or so.

ss04vv

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 382k & counting...
I looked at the timing belt and it still looks like new, much to my surprise. No dryness or cracking whatsoever, all the teeth in great shape, etc. I'll likely let it go for a while and continue to monitor it at every oil change (10k). If any noise starts from the tensioner or idlers then I'll definitely change it up. I told Mcguilicuddy the first timing belt I ever did was on my (at the time) uncles 2002 Acura TL type S. That was in 2006. My grandmother now owns that car, 250k later, and still on that same belt, and it still looks like the day I put it on. Quality parts FTW

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Timing belts rarely break. Failure is usually a bad bearing in the tensioner or a roller, or a leaking or seized water pump. I think 10 years is a good time frame to follow.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
As I showed ss04vv when he picked it up, the timing belt was done in late 2014. So we're 7.5 years in. Everything looks brand new in there and sounds like a dream. I would have no issue leaving it for another year while keeping an eye/ear on it (as was my plan before deciding to sell). It has truly been a fantastic vehicle for us but it was time to move on and I'm loving my Alltrack (and I even like the DSG after 30 years of strictly manuals!). Glad to see the old wagon go to a TDI enthusiast who will appreciate it.

TDI2005MW

TDI
2005 TDI Passat
SOLD!

I am a new member to this site and I am selling my 2005 Passat TDI. It has served me incredibly well but after expanding the family we need to get a different car to fit our car seats. My father purchased the car new, so I am only the second owner, but in the same family.

The color is grey with black leather interior and power sunroof/windows/locks/mirrors, heated seats/mirrors, cruise control, AC. It is an automatic with ~222,000km. I'd say it's somewhere between good and great condition.

There are some slight scratches on the body and some rust spots above the driver and passenger front wheels. The back door locks sometimes stick when you open the car doors with the fob. Those are the bad points.

The good points are:

Maintenance done by VW Dealership and all suggested services completed.

No accidents

I get usually around 7.6L/100km Yes, I have a spreadsheet.

Includes CD/6CD changer, spare tire, set of winter tires on rims, winter and summer mats, two keys with fob plus the valet key.

Timing belt @ 150,000km, oil changed every 6-12 months (minimal driving the past 5 years). Other repairs in 2021/2022 include brakes and rotors, front control arm replaced, CV boots, intake flap motor.

I am asking $2500 OBO.

Please feel free to contact me. Email is: jaclyn@whincup.com

I live Toronto, Ontario and would be willing to meet you for a test drive within reason.

Last edited:

blizzak

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition, Grey, 446K KM
SOLD

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here, but it's finally time to sell my Jetta. Feel free to laugh or call me crazy, or scold me for not maintaining it better, but it is what it is. This car needs to be and will be gone quick, so act fast.

2004 Jetta TDI sport edition, currently has 446K, purchased a long while ago with 260K on it from a friendly Greek fellow who hasn't come around here in a long time (original sale thread). I had work done at many places over the years, DCB (Brandon), Perjad. Another trusted shop did some intercooler piping. Majority of the mechanical work in the last 10 years has been done at Wellborn Auto Service in Kitchener (amazing shop BTW for anyone closeby).

The Good (Think this is everything, I've added a few things but most mods were on when I got it):
-6 speed ERF euro transmission, Peloquin LSD with upgraded shifter fork
-1856 turbo
-R783 injectors
-Custom Malone tune for 6spd and mods, cruise control works and I have the original flash loader
-Colt Stage 2 Cam
-Boost and EGT gauges
-Eurojet FMIC
-Dieselgeek bypass oil filter kit, 2 x spare Amsoil filters
-CAT 2 Micron fuel filter kit
-Passenger Performance Intake manifold
-R32 DSG airbox, MAF & turbo inlet pipe
-Full 2.5 Inch exhaust, Magnaflow CAT
-BBS RC 17 inch summer rims, need tires
-Audi Fat Fives, painted a gunmetal gloss colour with Continental VikingContact 7 tires for winter
-R32 front brakes (dual piston calipers), recently remachined rotors & Brembo front pads
-GLI rear brakes
-Koni Yellows
-H&R OE Sport Springs
-Recently changes axles and new oil pan
-Evolution Atlas Aluminum skid plate
-Glass headlight lenses on Hella E-Codes
-Custom 2 inch hackjob tow hitch, extremely stable, 4 pin wiring harness in trunk
-AC works
-Timing belt still good for another 20K

The Bad:
-Fender rust (holes)
-Door rust (holes)
-Trunk rust (holes)
-Headliner tearing
-Door card tearing
-Hood clear coat is peeled
-Standard paint chips on bumper & random other rust
-Wear & tear on interior
-Some kind of exhaust leak
-Injectors need cleaning, they are throwing some codes - I've been in touch with DBW and will get more info on servicing them
-Injector (specifically #1) issues cause some fuel leakdown, which causes hard hot starts. Cold starts not an issue at all
-Radio antenna is not the greatest for reception

Though the body is in pretty crap shape, it still drives well, has great power and good economy (34-42 MPG all day, driven like you stole it). I am sad to see this car go, it went to quite a few TDI Fests and did many road trips but I need something bigger for a growing family. If I had more time and not a need for so many passengers, everything this car has would be getting swapped into a clean wagon.

Looking to get 4K for the car and both sets of rims, and can throw in a few spare parts. I am near Grand River Hospital in Waterloo and happy to do test drives.

Feel free to PM or Signal/Telegram/text (five one nine four zero four three five one four) with any questions, and let the bidding or flame war begin....

Last edited:

Nathan_og

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 vw jetta 1.9 alh 5 spd
looking to buy a mk4 tdi jetta or golf. preferably alh but ill take a look at bews as well.