looking for 2003 vw jetta TDI manual

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
hey everybody i am searching for a 2003 vw jetta/ jetta wagon TDI with a manual trans
will pay handsomely for a good condition model
would prefer to have under 250k km but doesn't matter to much if service records are provided

MUST HAVE 5 spd no autos sorry
must be able to safety and have etest so i can drive it ASAP.

thanks let me know what you got either reply to post or PM me:)
location TORONTO /HAMILTON ONTARIO CANADA

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
6500....... how about 2500 thats almost half a mill bud alot more to worry about other than the motor at that point
Maybe if it was a wagon 4500

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I have a sedan with 290k and a wagon with 220k, both 2003. I would not let either go for 6500.
Good luck finding a nice one for sale!
Simon

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Then tell me what you want for $
Insurance just gave me $2900 for a 03 sedan 5 speed that was rear ended, with 450,000 kms on it. I would generally think insurance is a bit low. Just to give you an idea where the market is. Kinda dumb in ontario for 02/03 jettas in decent shape to be honest but deals come up all the time so keep an eye on kijiji. If youre willing to do work yourself its where its at, not too many mkiv's being certified when sold privately.

I was joking about $6500, the problem is for me its worth that because good ones are hard to find and I put a fair bit of work into it to get it certified.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
Insurance just gave me $2900 for a 03 sedan 5 speed that was rear ended, with 450,000 kms on it. I would generally think insurance is a bit low. Just to give you an idea where the market is. Kinda dumb in ontario for 02/03 jettas in decent shape to be honest but deals come up all the time so keep an eye on kijiji. If youre willing to do work yourself its where its at, not too many mkiv's being certified when sold privately.
I was joking about $6500, the problem is for me its worth that because good ones are hard to find and I put a fair bit of work into it to get it certified.
What's your actual price

ss04vv

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 382k & counting...
Honestly, really tough to find a good wagon these days. I sold an 03 wagon with 270-ish kms for 6100 earlier this year. Car was a 7/10 bod wise but mechanically had just been gone over from top to bottom including a rebuilt top end including a rebuilt head(lifter went bad), new timing belt, full OE suspension, brakes, etc etc etc. I drove a 2011 F150 for 2 months and missed the diesel fuel economy. Ended up picking up an 03 wagon with 380k, with a 5/10 body for 1500 bucks, but had to put a flywheel and clutch in it, plus do a bunch of other small 'typical mk4 stuff' to make it right. I couldn't believe how hard it was/it is getting to find quality MK4 (especially unicorn 03) wagons at reasonable prices. Lots of red headed step child cars out there these days, not as many of the same quality as when I was in the same market 5 years ago.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
Honestly, really tough to find a good wagon these days. I sold an 03 wagon with 270-ish kms for 6100 earlier this year. Car was a 7/10 bod wise but mechanically had just been gone over from top to bottom including a rebuilt top end including a rebuilt head(lifter went bad), new timing belt, full OE suspension, brakes, etc etc etc. I drove a 2011 F150 for 2 months and missed the diesel fuel economy. Ended up picking up an 03 wagon with 380k, with a 5/10 body for 1500 bucks, but had to put a flywheel and clutch in it, plus do a bunch of other small 'typical mk4 stuff' to make it right. I couldn't believe how hard it was/it is getting to find quality MK4 (especially unicorn 03) wagons at reasonable prices. Lots of red headed step child cars out there these days, not as many of the same quality as when I was in the same market 5 years ago.
so you got one now you are interested in selling, im in hamilton like 10 minutes away??:D

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I know you said you wanted it ASAP, but if you can find someone to finish the conversion, I know of a 180k gas wagon that has had a TDI engine installed. It just needs the wiring to be completed. He is asking $1500 for it, but will take $1200 from a TDI Club member. If you can find a shop to finish it for $1000 or so, that is a very cheap, low milage body wagon when its complete.

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
I just purchased an 03 TDI wagon manual with 380k for $1800 but it was in rough shape. Needs from fenders and a clutch, but seeing the going rate for wagons lately I'm happy.