What's an RNS-315 Worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Hello,

Today I installed an aftermarket radio into my car and I thought it may be a good idea to sell the original.

It's an RNS-315 with Bluetooth, CD, Satellite radio and of course Navigation.

Ideas?

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
I've searched and found nothing that speaks to the RNS-315 being compatible with an Audi A3.

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Have a buddy with a 2011 Jetta who just had his radio get glitchy and is on it way out... PM me what you may be thinking, the Parts Source guys dont have any and he was just gonna go aftermarket himself. May be able to work something out if it matches out.

Thnx.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Hey, thanks for you reply. Send me a reasonable offer and I'll take it into consideration.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I think this is worth somewhere around $150 or $200 based on what I’ve seen others sell for.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
So you are comparing new part prices to a an 8 year old used part? The reality is that your radio can just as easily crap out tomorrow as any other used VW radio. So might want to keep that in mind when taking offers. I think the $150-$200 price is more than realistic.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
While I appreciate your suggestion. I'm also well aware that these radios aren't a dime a dozen and if someone really wanted to upgrade their head unit to a stock one with nav and satellite radio, even being as old as it is, they would be willing to spend a little extra for a good reliable product which is self installable.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
6 pre owned units have sold on eBay from $183-$320 cdn since July 2018

3 of them had buy it now prices of $275

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
While I appreciate your suggestion. I'm also well aware that these radios aren't a dime a dozen and if someone really wanted to upgrade their head unit to a stock one with nav and satellite radio, even being as old as it is, they would be willing to spend a little extra for a good reliable product which is self installable.
is your radio still for sale?

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Last edited:

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I would just sell it to the first person that's willing to give me money for it.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
Interesting replies. I hope theses posts are monitored.
Monitored for what?! Everybody is being very civil, no? Fact of the matter is that you aren't putting your kids through college on the proceeds of a RNS 315 sale. Take the few hundred you can get and move on.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
I'd like to request this post gets closed.
What I do with my money and how much I charged for something is nobody's business but my own.

I posted to find out what the unit is worth.
I got my answers, I don't need people making comments about over charging, or who will buy it or why won't someone buy it. I asked for what it is worth. I got my answer.

Thank you.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
I'd like to request this post gets closed.
What I do with my money and how much I charged for something is nobody's business but my own.

I posted to find out what the unit is worth.
I got my answers, I don't need people making comments about over charging, or who will buy it or why won't someone buy it. I asked for what it is worth. I got my answer.

Thank you.
Not that I disagree that this thread has run its course, but honestly I feel like you are being a bit reactionary here to not getting the answer you wanted. Nobody has made any comment about what you do with your money or attacked you personally in any way. You asked what people believe your radio is worth. Responses along the lines of "We have seen them sell for $X. If you charge much more than $X that would not be a good deal" are perfectly in line with that inquiry.

I have been a member of a lot of internet discussion forums over many years and the responses in this thread are civil and constructive in tone, and nobody has been unfair to you in my opinion.

And that was a run-on sentence.

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Can't a thread starter also close their own thread? On other forums they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.