Buying a used 2015 passat TDI

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
if I buy a used 2015 Passat TDI do I still have to take it in for phase 2 fix? I was thinking of buying one and then tuning it. preferably a 6 speed manual.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
if I buy a used 2015 Passat TDI do I still have to take it in for phase 2 fix? I was thinking of buying one and then tuning it. preferably a 6 speed manual.

You may be able to get Phase 1 and 2 done still. Don't know how you'd go about it now. Look under the hood (On the hood) to see if there is a yellow sticker. If there is, then Phase 1 and 2 have been done.
There also was a rebate from VW but the deadline to apply is gone. You probably would not be entitled to it.
As for a manual transmission, only the SE, the least expensive model was available with a manual transmission to the best of my knowledge.
A SEL (USA) Cdn HIGHLINE is a nicer and better equipped car.
See: 2015 models

The DSG automatic is actually a manual operated with two clutches and transmissions in one housing.
See how it functions: How a DSG functions

Last edited:

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
I used to have a 2015 which I did the buyback because someone scratched up my car in the parking lot.

what im wondering is if I buy a used car now that's already had the phase 1 fix done will it be mandatory to bring it in for phase 2? I don't want to buy a car, tune and remove the dpf and then be forced to reinstall it. also id rather get the manual over the dsg for better long term reliability and less cost to maintain.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Instead of speculating or getting the wrong answer from here, just call the dealership and ask them if the fix is mandatory or not.

Xpdite

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I currently have a 2015 Passat TDI Highline and in the information that was sent out by VW it sounds like it is not mandatory. They do use the scare tactics that if you do not have this completed it may not be possible to service your car or get parts in the future.