VCDS/VDS Pro Fundraiser for Mike (Defender-Tech)

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Very sad to hear. My condolences to the family. I will definitely be helping out. Mental health is a large issue in today's society that needs more attention and funding.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Wow. So sad. Mike was a truly nice guy that went out of his way to help others. Thanks for sharing this Ken.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I helped with a fundraiser many years ago for another TDI Club member. We organized a GTG where some people brought their VCDS & did scans for people in exchange for a small donation. I did a bunch of window mods for people with my VDS Pro. Would anyone like to participate in something like that again? Any money raised would be donated under the TDI Club name.

Here was the original thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=375897

Last edited:

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Indeed count me in, as a longtime lurker, especially after seeing him pay it forward himself.

Last edited:

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
i met him a few years ago, very nice guy....my condolences go out to his family :(

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
I would be up for a meet up for Mike, met him at a gtg at Propal's place in Richmond Hill to do the door lock fix, TDIFred was there too. Propal ordered pizzas beers and TDIFred got the door switches. Great guy like most of us TDI'ers, so sad.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Mike? TDIWagonGuy Mike? I noticed he hadn't been around here the past few years and was wondering about him. Had no idea things were the bad. Gosh this is horrible news. I am so shocked. He was a great guy and such an asset to the club.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Nigel, I think we have a decent starting list so far. Do you want to pick a date and location? Maybe more will join once there is a definitive date.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Good idea.

How about next Thursday evening between 7-10pm. Kennedy Commons is a good place with a big parking lot and close to the highway. I will post on VW Vortex too.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Yes, it is still happening.

Tomorrow (Thursday) from 7-10pm at Kennedy Commons in front of the Chapters.

Don't look for my wagon, I'll be in a dark grey Dodge Grand Caravan. lol.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
I'm going to do my best to make it. I have one of his skid plates on my wagon. First thing I did to it.

Never been to a TDI GTG before :).

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
OMG, so sad! As you know I left the group because I don't have a TDI any longer. Mike hooked me up with some bolts for the Mk 4 skid plate as well as that door switch fix, which seems like forever ago. I am gobsmacked.
Count me in for a donation.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Last minute family event has arose.............I won't be able to make tonight's meet. I hope there is a good turnout for a good cause.

6oh

TDI
if you see a lost 03 Silver Wagon driving around the lot, flag me down with a wave or even a middle finger ! :)

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
It was a (very) small but dedicated group. Was nice to meet a couple faces though. Hopefully people will still contribute to the GoFundMe.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
I have a defender tech plate installed by Mike himself in my TDI, has saved my car on a few occasions. RIP mate...

It was good to catch up with Nigel, and meet up with two other members and admire their '03 wagons aka "unicorns" in very good shape. :)

6oh

TDI
Was good to see a few of the gang, truly good dudes. Nice to see Mike bring a few of us guys together, and Nigel being a great KINDA-STILL-A-VW-GUY-but-not-really, for setting it up. Good to meet ya', boys.

Also, i smiled to myself today a few times, when i unlocked the doors and strutted over the the trunk and casually opened it. Its the simple things !

Last edited:

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Terrible news. I spoke to Mike a few months ago about skidplate hardware.
Do you guys want to get together again at KC? I'll reach out to some tdiclub retirees to attend too?
I'll follow this thread for an update/reply,
Pete

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Terrible news. I spoke to Mike a few months ago about skidplate hardware.
Do you guys want to get together again at KC? I'll reach out to some tdiclub retirees to attend too?
I'll follow this thread for an update/reply,
Pete
KC....Kitchener??