Help! Excessive black smoke after tune and injectors

Sodiracing

TDI
2003 Jetta Tdi ALH
Hey all. This is my first post.
2003 Jetta TDI ALH
Had a kerma tune put in it along with the bosio 1019 injectors. The shop that put them in said the injectors were balanced and tested.
Now whenever I get past 1/2 throttle, or really get on it the thing smokes. BAD!!
I mean a huge cloud of black smoke that I can barely see the car behind me, while I like this in my duramax, I don't really want my Jetta doing this.
I replaced the MAF.
Checked for boost leaks. None found
Cleaned EGR AND INTAKE.
I cannot figure out what is going on.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
SOP is to start with a call to your tuner... give 'em a chance to work with you and figure on what's going on. :):)

They will probably want some boost logs so that they can see what's going on.

Sodiracing

TDI
2003 Jetta Tdi ALH
Put in a few data logs with the guy who tuned it. He seems to think the kerma tune is fine. I'm looking for a second opinion now but there's really nobody in my area who knows TDIs very well

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
first thing to do if you require support or have questions regarding something from kermatdi is: send an e-mail to info@kermatdi.com . Or else call the toll free number- someone usually answers very quickly.

You can also contact me directly at tuning@kermatdi.com. I usually will not let any e-mail go unanswered for more than an hour or so at the most if I can possibly help it. (although this goal is not always possible to meet)

You usually have a response within the hour. We will NEVER leave anyone hanging waiting for an answer for long.

It is somewhat noteworthy though, I don't see any ALH tunes or DLC1019 having been sold to anyone in San Jose for several months. Please use one of the above contact methods and let us know where and when you bought the stuff from us and we will do what we can to help.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
OP, also, don't post the same issue in different forums.

I'd noted (in the other forum) that if the shop did the work then THEY should be responsible for setting things right. If THEY have an issue then THEY ought to contact KERMA/vendor.