Door adjustment

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
My wife is complaining of noise coming from around the passenger door. Can I adjust it in a little bit and how to do it? I see the hook on the door post with Torx head screws and assume it can be adjusted. What size Torx is it as I don't have my set with me? Thanks

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
I am not sure if it is the correct tool but a 6 mm hex got the screws loose and I was able to adjust the door inward. Hopefully when we go for a test drive it will be quiet.

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
Not much difference from adjusting the front door was noticed so I am thinking maybe the noise is originating from the back door. I go to VW and look at a new sportwagon to compare. Their rear door seals extend all the way to and around the bottom whereas ours only extend half way down the front of the door. I am going to try and simulate that seal with weather stripping.

Special 12 point (triple square) spline bit 3202 is required to adjust doors. Different dash numbers possibly for different sizes. Amazon has some spline bit tools.

I ordered Neiko 10056A from Amazon.

Last edited:

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
Both door seals tightly compressed so I have no idea where the imaginary noise is coming from. I'll be adjusting them back the way they were.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
check around the door mirror. I seem to remember a lot of people complaining about that a few years ago and diagnosing it to the mirror seal. don't remember if it was the mount seal or the seal where the wires and cable go thru.

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
Thanks, I'll check that out.

I am quite happy with the part set that was delivered to my door. It is a Titan P/N 16138 triple square bit set with 9 sockets all on their own bar with clips. Four 1/4 drive, three 3/8 drive and two 1/2 drive; M 4, 5,6,8; M 10, 12, 14; M 16, 18.