2010 Jetta TDI RNS 510 Nav update problem

jet_dr

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan White Gold Metalic
Hello,
I just recently got the V11 update DVD for my RNS 510 unit. This unit was purchased after the sale and installed by me. It is a 2010 Continental unit. I can not get the update disc to load. Navtec has sent me a second DVD with the same results. Here is what happens. I load the DVD per the instructions while having the Nav screen up. The unit recognizes that this is an update DVD and asks if I want to continue. I select yes. I then get a “please wait” message. This message is displayed for about 1 minute then the unit shuts off (radio goes off, display blanks out.) Then the boot screen (welcome to Volkswagen) comes up, radio comes back and then about 1-2 minutes later it happens again. Over and over; it never gets to the screen where it asks if I want to save the data to the hard drive.
I confirmed that the DVD player will play a DVD and of course the CD player also works. The Nav system also works albeit with 8 year old data. No other issues with the unit.
Any one have any suggestions? Do I need a firmware update. How do I check what version I have.

Thanks in advance!

jet_dr

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan White Gold Metalic
Thanks!

But I was hoping to find a solution to fixing this radio. I bought it because I wanted full integration with the vehicle, (phone, Nav, hands free, and central display integration.)

Hopefully someone else has seen this before.

Thanks