TDI Fest 2002 Exp/Income (2003 Fest take note)

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
I believe all members need to understand the immense expense associated with putting on a Fest. I could not believe the numbers this evening as I started listing them. The Mi Committee will also go over my figures later in October to confirm my addition etc. But you are all to be commended for registering, joining in buying shirts, those ordered and those donated, the raffle alone on Sunday evening brought in almost $1000. We could not have done it without each and everyone's contribution, even those that did not attend, many registered to support the event. It was on my credit card, my heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you.

Initial Deposit Hilton 500.00
Deposit after Breakfast 1224.00
Deposit after Banquet 2200.00
Misc deposit 319.75

Total Hilton Bill 4243.75
Awards at Banquet 1100.00
Postage PayPal losses 50.00
Name Tags/Paper 65.00
Donated to Fred after Exp 1025.00
Shirt mailing Expenses 20.00
Parlor/additional expenses 234.66
Gift to Fred Banquet 130.00
Misc Room Expenses 74.67

Total Expenses 6943.08

An additional $300 plus was taken in from the sale of last years over production of shirts by pizzaman and will find its way to him. He donated the rest of at least 100 shirts to Garrett for relief in El Salvador. So TDI club members spent just over $7200.00 on this years fest. Incredible folks, simply amazing, your support was greatly appreciated, we hope you felt your money was well spent. Thanks again.

Fest organizers for 2003, email me when you begin your planning for next year's we will pass on our experiences, we learned this year, and from previous years.

fincoop

Veteran Member
"Misc Room Expenses" Did I miss that party in Garrett's room?

The behind-the-scenes management that you don't see is what makes the event go smooth. The administrative responsibility is huge. Pulling off the fest successfully is one thing, coming out in the black is a whole other.

Bravo Mich Team.
Coop

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Misc room expenses encompased any expenses that Fred had. One of our goals was that he could spend none of his money, since all year he works for us behind the scenes to make sure the page works. By registering at the Hilton, we met our minimum number of 50 rooms on two nights, we picked up his room on the other two nights and all expenses, taxes, etc. Just a small thank you to Fred for his work throughout the year.

Hondo

Veteran Member
Originally posted by The Ripster:
It was on my credit card, my heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ripster you never cease to amaze me. I had no idea you had that line of credit!!!!

Seriously, But I know Rose and I would have been a little nervous, no make that a lot nervous, putting that much on the line and not knowing the out come. Everyone owes you a very big thanks, for your organazional skills and jumping in and never second guessing yourself. It was my privalge to help you with this, my friend!
Hondo

MORE_MPG

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, Grey
Ripster, Thank you for go out on a limb for us! I think that my money was very well spent and was glad to register up-front.

Question to anyone: Is there a time when the TDIClub should organize as an official no-for-profit organization? If so, when? I certianly hope that TDIFests will continue for a long time! As The Ripster has pointed out, the budget for a 'Fest is significant and will probably (hopefully) continue to get larger. I expect that the 'Club has at least one member that is an accountant or a lawyer that could advise on how to go about making the 'Club 'official'.

Eventually the large budget will become unmanagable be individuals. Also, the location for the fest may turn out to be determined by the location of members that can afford ($) to organize rather than by the location of members that are willing to put out the time.

I think for 2002 we were very fortunate to have such a great group of organizers that included someone who could afford to up the funds. Thanks again to the MI organizers!

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Fred will probably have to look into how the TDI Club is set up, being in Canada. PT Cruiser Clubs have state organizations, but so many of them are fractionalized that they have just an empty web site. This may work for the best for awhile, but I would email Fred with your ideas and concerns.

Hondo, it was your GTG's that became legendary in the Midwest and drew Easterners, such as the dynamic duo of Tomo and PeterV, who in turn drew in others, which began the idea that maybe we could host a fest and pull it off. So many had a hand in it. I am really excited by what I see going on now in the Eastern area, they are getting organized and will pull off a great Fest, I can feel it. I won't miss that one for sure.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Originally posted by IrishchickyTDI:
I second Hondo's speech!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can I third it?

Ripster, i'm not quite as awed by the numbers having set up meetings for 2 years now for the Michigan Microscopy and Microanalysis society but i'll say this - that is a far bigger chunck of change than I thought it was going to be. And Congrats on all that. The added fees that came out of pocket (track for example) are hidden costs that may or maynot need to be added to this.

Esp looking at brunch and banquest fees. It might be worthwhile to get a head count of attendees at the Track. Hondo? You guys have an idea how many TDIs paid to get through the gate?

As for next year. Pay attention, talk to Ripster, its possible and man is it an organizing nightmare but don't listen to Mickey, the rewards are well worth it. At least I hope Hondo, IrishchickyTDI, G-man, and The Ripster agree with me on that. I must give thanks to Thom H. at Gezon - he helped immensely working the local scene for sunday's location.

Hondo

Veteran Member
Originally posted by GeWilli:

Hondo? You guys have an idea how many TDIs paid to get through the gate?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Geoff, someone at the track told me they counted 70 some cars at one point. The tracked charged by the head not the car so the number is much higher then that. Heck my wife drove in with three of the ladies in her car.

But I do agree working on this was fun, and with the right person in charge it went smooth and everyone worked together well! But it does take a group to do it, its to much for one person to handle alone. Just thinking about all the stuff Erin did, gives me an feeling of being over whelmed.

[ September 09, 2002, 05:47: Message edited by: Hondo ]

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Absolutely GeWilli, planning was fun and most rewarding, watching it all come together and seeing everyone having a good time. I would do it all over again, as long as you guys are on the team. This truly was a team effort, no one of us could have done it alone.