DSG Woes

RV9Factory

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hi Folks,

My DSG went out flashing PRNDS and throwing a "18115/P1707/05895 - Interference in Mechatronic Module" and another about Unexpected Gear Disengagement.

It's a solid failure - it doesn't go away with any amount of waiting. I cannot do "Basic Settings" on the DSG - it's unavailable.

I've had the mechatronics unit tested by ECU Testing and it tests fine. My fluid was fairly new and the level was good. Shifting was smooth and completely normal.

Shortly before the DSG issue I had an alternator voltage regulator go out so I replaced the alternator and battery. I'd say the DSG went out within 250 miles of that incident.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might look at?

This car is killing me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Before going deep into the possible issues, I'd double check all the ground, appropriate fuses, wiring harness, and make sure the battery is fully charged. I couldn't get into basic settings on my DSG when I had some dirty ground issues, and it started acting pretty funny.

RV9Factory

TDI
2006 Jetta
Awesome, thanks, guys. I'll look at all of that while I'm waiting for the mechatronics to ship back.

RV9Factory

TDI
2006 Jetta
@crazyrunner33 @tdiatlast

You guys nailed this. ECU Testing found nothing wrong with the Mechatronics (I had already sent it to them when I posted here.

Turns out that during my alternator diagnosis work I didn't properly attach the ground strap.

I polished it up, polished the stud, put on some bulb grease and put it together. Transmission worked perfectly on the first start.

Thanks again!