What is the easiest way to add aux audio to a 2006 with XM?

ssnapier

Veteran Member
TDI
86 Turbo Diesel (RIP), 2006 Jetta TDI
Not sure if having satellite matters but I thought I would mention it. I would LOVE to be able to plug in a non-ipod audio source to my car! Is there a write up on how to implement this? I have seen the 09 write ups but I am assuming they are quite different.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
Hey ssnapier -
My dailey driver for 10 years was an Audi UrS6 95.5 Avant which I'd ordered new. Went down the slippery modificantion slope with Porsche 993tt brakes, RS2 manifold, Factory HID, Factory Eibach/Bilstein suspension, etc... The S6 wagon was metallic silver over black leather including the wagon rear facing "way back seat". Man,,, my kids used to sit in the way back waving to sport sedans as the S6 passed'em bye. An uber ski wagon if there ever was; the 100 miles from Denver to Eagle County (elevation 10,000') was never quicker.
Loved that car... a real sleeper. It had only 100k miles in ten years and when advertised FS on the scar.org site a buyer from Microsoft Seattle scopped up the car in only a day.
He flew to Denver the next day and drove home. That baby was super clean like new... Kinda wish I'd keep the car.

As for your Aux input, there's a German shop making a module which substitues the
SAT modules input at the head unit... and if the new aux input is an Apple Ipod device most if not all of its functionality is displayed on the TDI's Navigation screen.
My MY06.5 TDI has the MFD2 DVD navigation option.
http://www.solisto.de/en/caraudio

Last edited: