Upsolute Stage 2 (larger injectors) chip question

Amonquag

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Black
I just recently got my car back together after many modifications. Right now i'm running a VNT-17 and custom intercooler pipes into a SDI intake. My boost gauge is reading 20 psi. spikes and 18 psi. sustained. I have yet to install my manual boost controller in preperation for stage III. I have not made any vag-com changes and i originally ordered the upsolute specific for just larger injectors. My question, not that i'm complaining, i didn't think that the boost would be running this high for this chip. What is other's with this chip seeing for boost?

Also,
The car also threw a CEL:

16485 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) Implausible Signal P0101-35-10---Intermitient

I changed out the MAF with a brand new one and it still throws a CEL. Any ideas, bad wire???

Thanks,
Adam Q.

dzljet

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
Also,
The car also threw a CEL:
16485 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) Implausible Signal P0101-35-10---Intermitient

I changed out the MAF with a brand new one and it still throws a CEL. Any ideas, bad wire???

Thanks,
Adam Q.
What that means is you have a disconnected MAF.

Open up the connector, and check the wires entering into the back side, I'd suspect the "lead" power wire going in.
Either disconnected or just loose in the fixture.

This happens by people working on intakes/MAF's and pulling the MAF up and out of the way. (I've seen it happen at a dealership while I was visiting, luckily I was able to help them figure it out.
)

It also happens when Epsilonian devices have been or are in use, if one tries to just tie wires together, the pulling motion of motor as it rises under load, pulls the wires apart. (I highly suggest soldering wires together.)

What you're seeing with boost is improved intake flow.
This is something a few of us have been talking about for some time. Yes you can help your turbo with hardware changes!!

edit; Also the vnt-17, particularly the ARL one, it has a more aggressive pitched titanium blade which will help spool.

Amonquag

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Black
I'll check the plug wiring at lunch.

No eps neccessary i have a 99.5 : )

Another detail i noticed is that the MAF has 5 male tabs, where as the plug has five slots but there are only 4 female mates, the fifth being empty. Did the fifth break off in my plug?

Those are some awesome numbers, nice work! : )

I will soom update my thread, "winter modifications" under power enhancements. The setup looks awesome and has a lot of potential.

dzljet

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
Another detail i noticed is that the MAF has 5 male tabs, where as the plug has five slots but there are only 4 female mates, the fifth being empty. Did the fifth break off in my plug?
No, that's right.
The same plug is used for gassers and TDI's, we don't need the 5th one.