New car suggestions

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
The new TDis are not as attractive to me as the older alh's are. The exhaust system itself is a total turnoff. Also, the newer gas models are getting into the upper 30's in gas mileage and it eliminates the need to get my car worked on, for the things I can't do in someones yard. There are two really good gurus I've gone to over the years, and the rest have left me feeling unimpressed. So tell me about the gas golf wagon and the subaru outback.....

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
The new TDis are not as attractive to me as the older alh's are. The exhaust system itself is a total turnoff. Also, the newer gas models are getting into the upper 30's in gas mileage and it eliminates the need to get my car worked on, for the things I can't do in someones yard. There are two really good gurus I've gone to over the years, and the rest have left me feeling unimpressed. So tell me about the gas golf wagon and the subaru outback.....
Suggest you go to VW.com and build your own. All the specifications are there. Dealer close to me selling ones on the lot from $19K to $22K. It is among my top two choices for replacing my car.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
I thought I'd always have a diesel up until the past year or so. The gasoline VW's are getting what seems to be almost identical gas mileage on paper. The gig seems to be up with the tdis.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I just bought a '16 Jetta sedan 5spd 1.4 TSI on Monday night. I am enjoying it,car computer says mid-30's for the mpg so far. The VW gas wagon is only available w/ automatic,and the Outback I believe is only automatic now and a CVT transmission. The VW's have some incentives now,not sure about Subaru. AWD is nice,but an extra expense. I'd say test drive each and see what you like/dislike about each. Subaru will have a little lower mpg.

jessabug

Veteran Member
TDI
Hubby's 2001 Jetta TDI, '84 IDI turbo diesel Jetta
You can get a GSW in manual, but only in base trim. The Alltrak and 4Motion GSW will be out in a few months too. Manual only in base 4Motion wagon but you can get it in the SE trim in the Alltrak.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
When they fix the Gen 3s just buy one and have the next 10yrs in what you really want. By that time there may be a new diesel VW to look at. Diesels aren't going ANYWHERE in the world mkt. If you look at Euros, they buy diesels almost exclusively. Fuel in europe is 3 times our price.,so it makes a huge difference to them.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Was tire kicking yesterday

One Toyota Internet manager offered MRSP minus $5,500 (plus $295 DOC fee) for any 2016 Camry in the inventory (~ 80 cars~)

Tempting.

But I won't get buy back $$$$s for at least 90+ days :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Might prefer to wait for the buy back & see what he can do for a 2017 Camry