Injector Nozzles: Which ones to get

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
With your a3 - you don't want to go above the .205's (or equivalent) due to serious smoking issues. It would be worthwhile to wait for a bit to get some A4 nozzle bodies as well, since they have higher pop pressures and provide better atomization.

Kerma has a very good name on the boards, but I have no personal experience with him. I'd be concerned with the tdturning's claim that their .21mm's are "larger than .205's". Their price seems quite low - leading me to suspect Chinese imports.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I think you will be pleased with Kerma's Sprint 520 nozzles (.205s). I'm a little wary of the other guy's.

Remember, Greg can reshim the A3/B4 injectors to the higher pop pressure.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Does anyone have an anecdote about an A3/B4 and Sprint 764 nozzles? IIRC these are the old ".216's". I thought that the smoking issues were tied to early adopters having a BK ECU and others had had success. They are only $2 more than the Sprint 520's on the web site.

Is an appointment with Dr. Rocketchip necessary to make these combos work? I have a feeling that the TDIFAQ is a bit out of date on this topic. Comments?

robdesigns

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I have the 764's. The car hardly blew black smoke before the swap. Now it smokes when "I step on the go pedal". It is almost embarassing to merge on the highway and the cars behind me all back off. But the acceleration....WOW.