www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old January 30th, 2018, 21:55   #16
opsx

TDI(s): tdi

that sounds like a nightmare...

i guess it goes without saying but is what they determined 100% incorrect? did you dig around to see how they came up with their determination of your title's status? i'm just hoping this isn't completely random bad luck!
opsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2018, 06:44   #17
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Just do a new claim
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2018, 08:13   #18
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
Just do a new claim
^^^This

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2018, 16:19   #19
halbert
Veteran Member

Not to go into the whole story...it's way too long. Where I am is stuck in salvage vehicle limbo waiting for someone to make a decision. I had two appointments scheduled and cancelled at the last minute...going on a year ago. I'm now at step 15, which is "documents under review". Which means, whenever they make a final decision on what is to be done with less that perfect title vehicles, I will get whatever.

What the CRC did, was get me from "Please submit a correct title document" to "We are now reviewing your documents to see if you qualify for a claim"

Filing a new claim would accomplish zero.
halbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2018, 21:49   #20
lvrpl

TDI(s): Passat TDI

Any updates from anyone on how long appeals with the CRC are taking (for cars that are NOT in the salvage title mess)?

I've got a clean title that just got rejected because they're saying it's already had a claim paid out on it...but I've got the car and it doesn't have a modification. Just wondering how long I could expect this to take to get through the CRC.
lvrpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2018, 06:56   #21
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post
Any updates from anyone on how long appeals with the CRC are taking (for cars that are NOT in the salvage title mess)?

I've got a clean title that just got rejected because they're saying it's already had a claim paid out on it...but I've got the car and it doesn't have a modification. Just wondering how long I could expect this to take to get through the CRC.
Did you buy it brand new or used? If its a previously leased vehicle, its possible that lease ended early due to scandal and they count it as "paid out"
Old February 16th, 2018, 10:03   #22
lvrpl

Quote:
Did you buy it brand new or used? If its a previously leased vehicle, its possible that lease ended early due to scandal and they count it as "paid out"
Bought it used. But if that's the case, isn't it still a mistake? I mean, I have a car that is on the road, clean title, no modification has been done....and they are saying they won't take it back (or, implicitly, fix it).

Or is this a valid way for VW to deny a claim and not have to pay or fix it?

Thanks for the help.
Old February 16th, 2018, 15:33   #23
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post
Bought it used. But if that's the case, isn't it still a mistake? I mean, I have a car that is on the road, clean title, no modification has been done....and they are saying they won't take it back (or, implicitly, fix it).
Or is this a valid way for VW to deny a claim and not have to pay or fix it?
Thanks for the help.
This is what I found out - VW terminated the lease early and paid out some money to the owner. The car was never intended to be re-sold, but dealer did it anyway.

You can probably still get the fix money.
Old February 16th, 2018, 17:55   #24
lvrpl

Quote:
This is what I found out - VW terminated the lease early and paid out some money to the owner. The car was never intended to be re-sold, but dealer did it anyway.
You can probably still get the fix money.
I assume this happened to you with a car you bought? What did you end up doing with the car?

Did you try an appeal? I would think that would have a decent chance of getting overturned - VW was supposed to release the lease, take it back, and either fix it or junk it. Instead, they screwed up and sold it back into the market without the emissions issue being cleared up. How'd it turn out for you?
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:10   #25
drawbar777

Hope you guys can help me with this dilemma. I had a VW passat TDI 2013 in 2015 I started to have many issues with it from stalling to blown diesel pump etc then came the scandal of the diesel emission that pushed me to trade it in. I lost 10k when I did so, when it was time to file the claim I was overseas and came back 3 days after the deadline has passed. I was allowed to file a paper claim and did so, CRC asked me to provide a proof of my travel itinerary and I promptly emailed it to them. About a week ago CRC sent me a letter and an email telling my claim was denied without any reason provided even though I was eligible for the buyback or restitution claim.

Can anyone help me with any pointers and had anyone else had the same issue and what was their recourse.
drawbar777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2018, 12:21   #26
yurkin89

Can anyone comment on their process with CRC? I emailed my appeal on 22nd. How do we know if they received it or it’s being worked on? Hotline support has no clue!
yurkin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2018, 10:08   #27
psd1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurkin89 View Post
Can anyone comment on their process with CRC? I emailed my appeal on 22nd. How do we know if they received it or itís being worked on? Hotline support has no clue!
Black. Hole.

Old March 7th, 2018, 19:54   #28
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

When you get a denial back they are done.
Old March 8th, 2018, 09:49   #29
psd1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightflyer1 View Post
When you get a denial back they are done.
And so are you!

Old March 8th, 2018, 11:45   #30
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Are you making threats because I made a joke? When I appealed mine that is exactly what happened and from reading here others have experienced the same treatment. My post was about as helpful as yours anyway. From my understanding there is no appeal after the CRC is finished with you.