Brand new Jetta tdi!!!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Yeah... we have a few stations we deliver to that have the bio-mass range stickers on them, but I wish it was mandatory that the EXACT percentage be displayed, just like it is mandatory for gasohol blends. There has been some proposed legislation to get this done, if I remember.
Look at your gasohol pumps again. They should less minimum of 10% since that is the tax cut off. That doesn't mean thT every load has 10% alcohol in it, just that the pump delivers an average of at least 10%.

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I just got back from Driving from Alb-Dfw which the car turned 3000 miles. On the 30 day check up, I would just check the fluids and air pressure if you don't want to wait at the dealership. How fast were you going to get 49 mpg? We got 40 mpg doing 85. Did you calc that number or did the you get it from the dash. My dash is way off from actual mpg.
Just turned over 1,000 miles on this car. Oh wow I love it!!!
By the way, how important is the 30 day check up? I'm a little over 30 Days but I'm sure they would get me in if I called, but my dealership is over and hour drive away and the local VW shop in town won't do the check up because I didn't buy the car from them and it's "not part of the warranty". Yeah yeah, don't start me on them. Not my favorite dealership and one reason I didn't buy from them.

Oh and I just got back from a trip to Kentucky and the MPG on this car is sick. I was averaging 49mpg on this trip. I left town with 145 miles on the tank and made it all the way to Louisville (our destination) and still didn't need to fill up! Didn't fill up until we got back on the interstate to leave town!

Kelkel2

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
I just got back from Driving from Alb-Dfw which the car turned 3000 miles. On the 30 day check up, I would just check the fluids and air pressure if you don't want to wait at the dealership. How fast were you going to get 49 mpg? We got 40 mpg doing 85. Did you calc that number or did the you get it from the dash. My dash is way off from actual mpg.
Throughout the trip I was watching the dash, but just out of habit, after filling up I calculate it just out of curiosity. I did that when I owned my beetle too!

Kelkel2

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
So my dad finally drove my car today...
He said "oh this is nice!" "very nice Kel!" He may have even he liked it!!

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
Last year my school (I'm a teacher) was open when it was -40.
My car sat outside all day and started practically like it was summer.

I sold my '03 Jetta with 235,000 miles. It was still totally reliable.

He didn't like the fact that I don't have a garage and that it's diesel and "won't start in the winter unless it's plugged into a warmer" so he was mad that I bought it.
But he's also the one who just traded in his Chevy trailblazer because it had 100,00 miles on it and he didn't think it would be reliable much longer. And what did he buy? ANOTHER CHEVY!
So we just won't see eye to eye on cars, probably ever? I wanted a car my husband and I can drive for years and years to come!!
Thanks for the congrats on the car and congrats to those of you who also bought one this weekend!!!

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
I've had 3 TDI's since 2002. I bought a 2002 sedan, had it only for 11 months cause I found out with my lifestyle that I *need * a wagon.

I bought a 2003 Jetta Wagon, I had it for 10 years.
I was next going to buy a Prius V, it's larger with more room for my big dogs. In fact, I test drove one and wrote a check for it. This was on a Tuesday. By Thursday, I had huge buyers remorse, I was thinking "the tdi is the best car that I've ever had. The prius didn't work well on hills, I live in a mountainous area of Montana, etc..."
I needed a car though, because Tuesday evening I had put a for sale ad for my 2003 Jetta wagon here on the site. Within 45 minutes, I had an email from a guy in Huntsville, AL who was interested in it. Long story short, by Thursday he had the cash and the plane ticket; he planned to fly out here Friday and drive it back. So not having another car wasn't an option.
I remember specifically, I was on lunchtime recess duty Thursday, I called the VW dealer in Whitefish to see if they had a Jetta Sportwagon like I wanted. They did, so I drove up there after school and bought it, picked it up on Saturday.
Called the Toyotota dealer to shred my check (I hasn't taken delivery on the Prius yet)

TDIwagon17

TDI
2009 TDI sportswagon 6spd
Anyone else chuckling a bit to themselves that their father thinks GM's are better cars than VW's? Never knew a person that didn't have a problem with their GM. It's a midwest thing - when I first moved to Iowa a decade ago I got quite a few looks for having a <gasp> Japanese car ;)

Enjoy the new purchase!!

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Anyone else chuckling a bit to themselves that their father thinks GM's are better cars than VW's? Never knew a person that didn't have a problem with their GM. It's a midwest thing - when I first moved to Iowa a decade ago I got quite a few looks for having a <gasp> Japanese car ;)

Enjoy the new purchase!!
Got tons of GM Duramaxes (and other newer diesel trucks) running around me. Wonder how many of these folks know that those engines were co-engineered with Isuzu.

Had a guy in a chain automotive store (I was picking up a light bulb) bash foreign cars (when I mentioned I was buying the bulb for my VW he told me how many Jetta owners flooded the store [apparently cooling system stuff- he struggled with my note that my car was a diesel], though he also said he wouldn't buy a Ford, because, well, the stupid stuff the engineers did with regards to the Pinto fuel tank issue. The guy said that he'd only ever bought ONE new vehicle, a Harley! Sigh, some people are just walking ironies...

Nothing IS what it WAS. I once said that I'd NEVER have a diesel car: now I can't see owning anything BUT!