Central California TDI service available--can travel to you!"

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I've edited the original post to reflect a couple new things. Since it seems most work I get requires me to travel, I am asking $0.40/mile one way travel expense from Santa Maria, CA. If a job requires me to stay overnight and I need a hotel, I expect those costs to be covered as well. I have had many put me up for the night in their own homes. I have no problems with that!

I so need to get a wagon... :D

Miles_M

TDI
Golf TDI 2003
You should get reimbursed for travel, I think everyone can agree that's completely fair and right.
Especially if one thinks about what if the shoe was on their foot.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
I'm setting up an appointment for this Fri for new struts/shocks/mounts/TT bushings/alt pulley! Looking forward to meeting Matt. I think I found my new mechanic.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
PMs/emails responded.

As for performance upgrades, I can certainly help with that. I don't personally do chip tuning, but there are a number of vendors who show up to GTGs who can take care of that.

I personally don't want to get involved with the super heavy modifications due to emissions checks that are now required on 1998 and newer diesel cars in California. If we can keep the stock appearance so a smog tech won't look at anything twice, sure, let's do it.

dabigshue

TDI
05 Golf TDI w/PD, 03 Jetta TDI
Matt is the man

Matt just finished up 5 hours of work on my 03 Jetta TDI and 05 Golf TDI yesterday. I can not say enough good things about the experience. The guy literally has an auto shop hidden away in a seemingly innocent looking Jetta. My maintenance was all pretty routine but he still took the time to look over and diagnose the entire drive train, chassis and suspension on both cars. From his organization and thoroughness all the way to his OBD road test and window key fob mod, I felt like he was working on his own car and doing everything he could think of to make it run as perfectly as possible. He is truly an expert and just an all around great guy to work with. He will be my first call for any troubleshooting or maintenance. If you live anywhere within a few hours drive of Santa Maria, this is your man.
Eric

smendick

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf ALH 5-sp manual
This weekend I drove down to San Diego and stopped at Matt's place in Santa Maria on my way. Matt is the man!

He did my suspension (including shocks, struts, springs, sway bar bushings, ball joints, tie rods, end links, control arm bushings, and rear axle bushings).

He also did the timing belt during the same day. When we put the engine back together, he diagnosed a bubble somewhere in the coolant lines that was preventing coolant flow, and was able to troubleshoot and eliminate the problem in no time (basically priming the coolant lines).

While he was at it, he did some VAGCOM work (IP timing), checked engine fan operation and did an ECM-mod to make my windows roll down via keyfob (clearly a crowd-pleaser). We also pulled the valve cover to look at the cams and he explained to me what he was looking for.

Not only is my car better-than-new (the drive home was SO much fun), I feel like I learned a lot from him. If you live nearby, GET IN TOUCH WITH MATT to do any work you need.

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
Hi Matt! Just sent a PM regarding an upcoming Timing Belt change, would love to talk. Thanks, Kenneth

shadowguy

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Matt is great. On my way back from my misadventure in Santa Barbara (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=335678) I stopped by and he took a quick look for free. Then when my alternator light came on (again!) on the way back home I called and he helped diagnose the bad alt and gave me enough juice to get back to SB along with some pointers on other stuff to fix, despite it being after dark. Thanks again man!

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Matt, let me know when you are ready for the 2260 and 6 speed conversion!

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Hmmmmmm...... 2260 turbo, and a 6 speed.
Nice!

Bump for Matt!
Bump for Matt! Also the other modded parts want to be put to the test, not just putting around with a vnt 17 and other "small" upgrades!

Puebla

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 TDI GT25, PP520'S, FMIC, STAGE 5 SOFTWARE
Bump for Matt! Also the other modded parts want to be put to the test, not just putting around with a vnt 17 and other "small" upgrades!

Ummmmmmm....... let me put this lightly....
Pics, or it never happened!

He He He..... J/k....

NOGAWIDT3002

TDI
2000 Golf 2003 Jetta
Another satisfied customer here! Matt was nice enough to stop by the house on his way back from a trip out of state a couple of weeks ago. I thought he was nuts for starting a major job pretty late in the afternoon. But let me tell you, this guy moves with the speed and efficiency of a NASCAR pit crew. I offered to help out but I would have only got in his way. In about the time it would take the average guy to gather his tools and change his brake pads, he was done putting a new clutch and rear main in my wagon. I wouldn't have believed it but I watched him do it. He also programmed the key fobs to roll down the windows in both of my TDI's. Don't hesitate to give Matt a call for any job you feel is too much for you to handle. TDI's are his business don't waste your time with the dealer or an unproven local shop. The peace of mind you will receive from this guru is priceless!

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Drove up yesterday to see Matt and have a little work done on the B4V. Clutch, rear main, axle seals, trans fluid change, and a few miscellaneous things. Thanks again for the excellent service. The wagon runs great!

Last edited:

Puebla

Veteran Member
TDI
Drove up yesterday to see Matt and have a little work done on the B4V. Clutch, rear main, axle seals, trans fluid change, and a few miscellaneous things. Thanks again for the excellent service. The car wagon runs great!

Bump for Matt.

pappyhat

TDI
2004 Wagon
I have been in contact with Matt and he is going to be in San Diego to do a timing belt and maybe a tranny service on my PD. This will be sometime early January. If you need any work done on your TDI and you're in the San Diego area nows the time. If we can get him another belt job he'll waive his travel fee and we'll split his motel bill or maybe someone has extra room to put him up... PM or call me or Matt with what you need done and lets get him some more work... brakes, clutch, IP, nozzles, we need to put this guy to work...... 619-719-8199 Pappy..

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
I have some work for Matt if he will be in San Diego. Brakes and intake cleaning.

John Jackson

I have been in contact with Matt and he is going to be in San Diego to do a timing belt and maybe a tranny service on my PD. This will be sometime early January. If you need any work done on your TDI and you're in the San Diego area nows the time. If we can get him another belt job he'll waive his travel fee and we'll split his motel bill or maybe someone has extra room to put him up... PM or call me or Matt with what you need done and lets get him some more work... brakes, clutch, IP, nozzles, we need to put this guy to work...... 619-719-8199 Pappy..

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver

Start a new thread so you can get more interest in getting people to have their car worked on. Matt is the guy. When he's up here I let him use my shop and he leaves it cleaner than when he finds it. The only downside a beer or 2 are drank at the end of his busy day!

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
I had a nice visit with Matt in Santa Maria today. He changed my oil and now am running Mobil 1 ESP 5W30. A few VCDS mods and my car is running just fine.

I don't know if Matt has had any international clients before but he has now.

Next time I will plan to spend a few days in Santa Maria as it is a real jewel of a place with a much quieter and easier pace than the LA area.

Puebla

Veteran Member
TDI
I had a nice visit with Matt in Santa Maria today.
Same here, just dropped my Beetle TDI off at Matts place in Santa Maria.
Matt diagnosed and fixed my car within hours.

Great dude, tons of experience.

Highly recommended!

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
I had a nice visit with Matt in Santa Maria today. He changed my oil and now am running Mobil 1 ESP 5W30. A few VCDS mods and my car is running just fine.

Next time I will plan to spend a few days in Santa Maria as it is a real jewel of a place with a much quieter and easier pace than the LA area.

Santa Maria has been one of my favorite towns since 1968 - got stuck there in 1968 with gf for the weekend. We went back there many times since then. great little town.

Puebla

Veteran Member
TDI
Santa Maria has been one of my favorite towns since 1939.
Santa Maria is a great town, I drove up from LA in the morning, and drove back to LA in the afternoon via Cachuma Lake, and even stopped in at Los Olivos, and Solvang.

Santa Maria has alot of cool TDI's.

Santa Maria also has some GREAT BBQ, at a DECENT price. Tri-tip, spare ribs, baby back, beef ribs, etc...... can be found at BBQLAND on Broadway in Santa Maria.

Or, if you happen to be in Santa Maria around 5pm, or on the weekend, stop one of the PLUMPER locals and ask where is a good & cheap BBQ pit. Same rule applies....
NEVER TRUST A SKINNY COOK!!!