EDC15 pinout

Raxo

TDI
Seat Tdi 1998
I have been trying to connect my ECU (Audi A4 tdi -97) on the bench in order to read the EEPROM but do not get contact. Does aneyone know wich pins I have to connect where (the ecu has a 68 pole connector). I have tried to figure it out studying the harness in the car...

My plans are to buy a modified mapfile (and flash it) but want to ensure that my hardware works fine first.

I get contact with the ecu in the car but can not read...

(the hardware i use is the KWP2000+, bought second hand why I can not ask the salesman...)

Thanks in advance
/Oskar, Sweden

Eck

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 2003 reflex silver 2dr, 5 speed
I had a kwp 2000+ software and it didn't work for me on my 03 Golf through the OBD. I downgraded to 2000 and it still didn't work. So I found out it was the OBD plug going into the USB that didn't connect. There is a program, called mprog 3.0. It let's you scan your interface and enables you to reflash the interface eeprom to your needs. That made it work for me.
If the ECU is out of the car, I remember, there is a resister that you can install between the KWP and the connector to the ECU, I believe it was 500 or 600 ohm switchable. I have to look at my old emails. I think it was for Passat models that had that problem.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
you can't program 68 pin ecu thru obd2 port. they are 32plcc chips and some are surface mounted but most are socketed. remove the chips and replace with new ones. you'll need chksums fixed if you make changes.