Open window 1/4" ? I miss my manual window crank!

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Golf Wagon, 97 Golf Turbo Diesel
Something I like to do in the winter and cold weather is to leave one (or more) of the windows 'cracked open' 1/8"-1/4" to allow the warm moist air (from melted snow and rain on clothing, floor mats, etc..) to escape after I get out of the car. This prevents (mostly) having the inside of the windows frosted over after a cold night.
A lesson my father taught me when I left the car windows closed after a very pleasant evening with a young lady, and he needed 10 min to get the windows cleared next morning...but that's another story...

This is easy on my old 'bottom of the line' 97 Golf with crank windows. The 2012-2013 power window VWs require a lot of 'fiddling' and I usually can't get that tiny gap.
Grrrr... :)

I don't suppose there are any magic VCDS coding tricks to fix this? Or any other 'tips and tricks' ?

Thanks!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The windows automatically drop when unlocking or opening the car door. I wonder if putting something in the way of the window closing again would work. It drops about as far as you are talking about for a pressure relief when opening/closing the doors. I always wondered how this worked in the cold areas when the windows sometimes freeze shut.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
It helps if you have those window deflectors on then you don't have to worry about snow going into car, until you open door;)...