TDIFest 2016 online pre-auction open to all

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
We have something brand new for TDIFest 2016. We are testing the grounds in offering a few select items for those not attending to bid on. Here is a list of the items as well as another listing of this years sponsors:

https://www.32auctions.com/TDIFest_2016

The way this will work is as followings:

1) Items that are available for online bidding will be listed there.
2) A "auction32" account is required for online bidding. It is free and simple to setup.
3) Proxy bids will be accepted.
4) Once the online portion of the auction ends (September 1st at 9 pm Central time), we will transfer the bids (and proxies) to the TDIFest live auction. The items promoted online will either be in the silent auction or live auction. What goes where has yet to be determined.
5) A representative who is not bidding on any of these items will act as a proxy in whatever auction the products are placed in.
6) Online bidders were be notified late Sunday or Monday (September 5th) if their bid was successful or not.
7) Online buyers are responsible for shipping fees that are listed with each item.
8) Buyers will need to provide payment and shipping information (if applicable) within 24 hours of being notified.
9) Payment can be made either onsite at TDIFest or via Paypal from TDIClub directly.

Good luck!

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
This is cool! I just bid on the ALH side-mount intercooler. So far, I'm winning! ;) :D

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
I added a few more items this morning and I anticipate a couple more will be added by Monday.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Question regarding the BEW/BRM cam kit. Since on the BEW option, there are options listed, do we get to select those options and pay the extra if we win?

Also, do we pay thru 32auctions or do we pay TDICLUB directly?

Really interested in the intercooler kit and the BEW cam kit...

Also, if we proxy bid but it doesn't reach our max bid, we only pay what the winning bid was correct?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
related question: If an absentee/proxy bid maximum is higher than an in-person bid, but not higher by the minimum increment, what happens?

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Question regarding the BEW/BRM cam kit. Since on the BEW option, there are options listed, do we get to select those options and pay the extra if we win?
I'm confirming this for you.
Also, do we pay thru 32auctions or do we pay TDICLUB directly?
TDIClub directly. Paypal already takes enough, :)
Also, if we proxy bid but it doesn't reach our max bid, we only pay what the winning bid was correct?
Correct
related question: If an absentee/proxy bid maximum is higher than an in-person bid, but not higher by the minimum increment, what happens?
Interesting question. I guess because the bids come from two different systems it is possible that they could be out of sync and therefore the difference not be that of the minimum bid increment. In that case I'll allow the max online proxy bid to win even if it is not higher by the minimum bid increment.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
It's simpler than that. Aaron from Cascade German Autoparts is bringing a AMC cam so it will automatically be that. :)

Clarification needed on the headlights? MKIV what? Jetta? Golf? (no photo on auction site)
https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/26430/auctions/31840/auction_items/793640
Aaron also clarified that his donation for this is for the MKIV Jetta. The auction descriptions for both items have been updated.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
It's simpler than that. Aaron from Cascade German Autoparts is bringing a AMC cam so it will automatically be that. :)

Clarification needed on the headlights? MKIV what? Jetta? Golf? (no photo on auction site)
https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/26430/auctions/31840/auction_items/793640
Aaron also clarified that his donation for this is for the MKIV Jetta. The auction descriptions for both items have been updated.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
An Auto to manual 5 speed set mk4 tdi was just added this morning thanks to Dutch Autoparts and this will be shipped to your door. There are a few more items coming later today that just require some description updates first.

Also please note that some items include shipping.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
An Auto to manual 5 speed set mk4 tdi was just added this morning thanks to Dutch Autoparts and this will be shipped to your door. There are a few more items coming later today that just require some description updates first.

Also please note that some items include shipping.
I need this.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
May I ask why shipping is, rather.... expensive? Shipping on the cam kit, $50... shipping on the intercooler kit, $50.... just curious as it affects bidding...

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
May I ask why shipping is, rather.... expensive? Shipping on the cam kit, $50... shipping on the intercooler kit, $50.... just curious as it affects bidding...
I don't ship inside the US on a regular basis so those numbers are more an intial guess and were added as a place holder. I want to ensure that the shipping costs are not more that we charge for shipping.
On the two items mentioned above I've lowered the shipping to $30.

Last edited:

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Just a reminder that the preauction ends Thursday at 9pm Central Time. For an increased chance of your bid winning, we recommend entering a proxy bid.

Remember that just like in the online auction, your proxy bid is just used to top other bids by the minimum increments. The proxy bid you enter is not necessarily the price you'll end up pay for that item.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Pretty cool list. At what time are we notified if we end up with the winning bid for a particular item?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
I'm assuming the PD DLC 800 injector is a balancing of the injectors with nozzles included all for one money?

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Less than an hour to go. As for notification of the results, either late Sunday or Monday morning all bidders will be notified as to the results after the people onsite at TDIFest will have their go at it.

Good luck!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Thanks for all your online pre-bids everyone.

Once the silent and live auctions end at TDIFest 2016, I'll be notifying the online pre-auction winners if their bid held up to the local bids at TDIFest. If you entered a proxy bid the final winning amount will also be indicated along with payment instructions.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
So, for those of us not attending Fest this year but may want to further bid on items that were in the pre-auction, how would we go about that? Phone someone in attendance and ask them to bid for me?

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Yes, if you have someone that can act as a live proxy for you that will work. However there are some logistic issues the consider when it comes to shipping and payment.