INA: TDI product offerings -– billet CCV 1.9/2.0/2.5 TDI FLUIDAMPR & more

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
Any idea on when we could expect the billet CCV's to ship?
As soon as i get the phone call that they are ready to be picked up , then we will begin the shipping process.

All those who ordered Fluidampr's today , they will be shipping in the morning.

We only have 2 left.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
2015-02-02 : UPDATE:
Billet CCV's. As mentioned in PM's to a few of you and in here now, we went over to the platers this afternoon and told them we need them before the end of this week. We will see if they conform to my demands considering I was a little stern (which I hate to be) but 1 month for anodizing is unheard of regardless of how busy they are.

Fluidampr's.
Thank you to everyone here , we have successfully sold another round of 16 units (9 blemished and 7 of the regular units). For all of you with a Passat B5.5 TDI considering doing this , hit up Matt@whitebread performance. He has taken a stocking order to fulfill your needs.

All of you that ordered should have received a tracking # in your emails. The only order outstanding is the AHU unit which we have to machine up a spacer for. Once done , I will edit the first post to include all the information you need when ordering. As of right now , they are 7 variations of the TDI dampner.....leave it Volkswagen to leave a simple process complex. :eek:

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
2015-02-07 : UPDATE:
Got a phone call this afternoon (Saturday) stating to come by on Tuesday to pick up the items completed. Looks like a little bit of pressure paid off!

For all those who recenetly got Fluidampr's post up your feedback!
p.s. I have a few ALH motors in pieces and I am not sure where to post the bits for sale. Should I clutter the thread here?

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
2015-02-07 : UPDATE:
Got a phone call this afternoon (Saturday) stating to come by on Tuesday to pick up the items completed. Looks like a little bit of pressure paid off!

For all those who recenetly got Fluidampr's post up your feedback!
p.s. I have a few ALH motors in pieces and I am not sure where to post the bits for sale. Should I clutter the thread here?

Sure, why not?

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Agreed.

Still waiting on dampr, maybe tomorrow?
Let us know as soon as you get it!
Maybe you could post pics of the finished CCV's before shipping?
I plan on it.

As for parts. I am hoarding the following:
(6) Steel Oil pans - $90
(5) ALH Oil pans w/ Oil level sensor - $65

Some of you have purchased these from me in the past

also have some AZV bits (make an offer)

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Got the Dampr, all looks good. Arrived in condition just as promised. Installation and logistics will be my next issue. Wish I got it last weekend, would have bolted it in already. May be a couple weeks before I can get to it now, but will post a review of performance and differences.

Now just waiting for the CCV, that should be all of a 5 minute install at most....

bgsnyder

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf & 2005 Passat
Dampr installed a little while ago. Flywheel noise seems about the same. Have been battling weather and tune issues, so I haven't really focused on performance differences.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Now just waiting for the CCV, that should be all of a 5 minute install at most....
Heading over there shortly! Hoping to start shipping these out by tomorrow.
Dampr installed a little while ago. Flywheel noise seems about the same. Have been battling weather and tune issues, so I haven't really focused on performance differences.
Shouldn't be the "same". Should be similar but drive-ability should definitely be improved.

Now I was asked a question about why the use of Stainless Steel Hardware via PM considering the grade and it was an interesting question so I am going to respond to it in the public domain.

Most of the VW/Audi motors I have dismantled with respect to an M8 Socket Cap screw comes in at Grade 5, 6 and even 8.8 . Some of the larger (M10/M12) are 10.9 and Main cap bolts are usually 12.9. Most common I have seen is grade 8.8.
Grade 8.8 simply means 800 Mpa ultimate tensile strength w/80% plastic deformation occurring. i.e. a Grade 8.8 bolt permanently stretches @ 80% of its UTS.

The Stainless Steel bolts we use are classified as A2 and has an UTS of 500 Mpa. The reason for using Stainless even though it is "weaker" in UTS is not for aesthetics but simply put , we do not want heat being applied to the bolts should they need to be removed.

Fluidampr rates the maximum heat allowed in free standing is 150*C and in operation (running on a car) it is 220*C. Considering the OEM hardware rusts and may require heat for removal , we would rather use hardware that does not rust. I am not sure how it is in the Southern states but I absolute detest pulling out a heat gun and sometimes having to weld on an arm onto a rounded off head of a bolt to get it off which is a common scenario in salted road states/provinces.

This is a good reference with respect to Stainless Steel bolts:
http://asm.matweb.com/search/SpecificMaterial.asp?bassnum=MQ304A

The OEM Hardware used part # : N10303607 which is an M8 x 1.25 x 20mm Triple square or Allen head. If anyone does not want SS hardware supplied with there Fluidampr purchase , we can supply the OEM hardware no questions asked.

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
Just finished the install of the Fluidampr on an ALH. First impressions, idle is smoother, acceleration is noticeably smoother. Will add more impressions as I drive it more.

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
The Stainless Steel bolts we use are classified as A2 and has an UTS of 500 Mpa. The reason for using Stainless even though it is "weaker" in UTS is not for aesthetics but simply put , we do not want heat being applied to the bolts should they need to be removed.
Correct, SS will not rust, but it will have corrosion issues with two dissimilar metals.

Heat should always be the LAST resort for removing a stubborn bolt anyway. How much heat can you apply to the area without bothering the seal at the front of the engine? I don't think I want to find out. Use penetrating oil and if necessary, work the bolt back and forth. Loosen, tighten, loosen, tighten.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Correct, SS will not rust, but it will have corrosion issues with two dissimilar metals.
The machined bolt holder is anodized T6061 Aluminum. If you are going to use SS hardware , the choice of metal across the board is always going to be SS or Anodized Aluminum.
What are the other options?
- Machining the bolt holder from Stainless. Considering the Fluidampr is Black Zinc plated regular steel , then now the Fluidampr mounting surface corrodes - We don't want that.
- Supplying Aluminum M8 x 1.25 hardware. Aluminum hardware as an UTS WAY under any of the above mentioned. We don't want that either
Worst case scenario , in 5 years , your bolt holder corrodes ever so slighly , you can either have it re-anodized assuming the corrosion has not pitted into the Aluminum or simply ask us for another one.
As for the use of SS hardware , been doing this for 1.8T's since 2008 and so far so good but yes I agree with your point hence why I posted in this thread with respect to brake carriers:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4661017&postcount=13
Heat should always be the LAST resort for removing a stubborn bolt anyway. How much heat can you apply to the area without bothering the seal at the front of the engine? I don't think I want to find out. Use penetrating oil and if necessary, work the bolt back and forth. Loosen, tighten, loosen, tighten.
Heat is always the last resort but if you lived in Ontario/Quebec and that allen head gets rounded off , 90% of the shops out there will pull out the torch. I always recommend letting it soak in penetrating oil and if that does not work then drill the head of the bolt off. Once the 4 bolts (now studs since the head is drilled off) are exposed , grab a vice grip or stud remover and proceed to removing them. Like I said above , we can supply OEM hardware if requested but this system works for us.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
I just used a bit of Blue Loctite, torqued to spec and called it good. Any problem with potential corrosion would be partially eliminated I would think.

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
INA, I hope my post was not intrusive as it was not meant to be. I just did not want someone reading this and think they would never have issues if they used SS hardware, not just on you products but elsewhere too. When I was in high school I put a 3" dual exhaust on my 79 trans am. It is an aluminized coated steel and not knowing better, as most 17 year olds, I did not want to have corroded bolts if I ever needed to do anything to it so I used SS. That was a big mistake as everything corroded, not just the bolts.

In short my post was just trying to clarify that they could still corrode. Nothing else was meant by it.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
INA, I hope my post was not intrusive as it was not meant to be. I just did not want someone reading this and think they would never have issues if they used SS hardware, not just on you products but elsewhere too. When I was in high school I put a 3" dual exhaust on my 79 trans am. It is an aluminized coated steel and not knowing better, as most 17 year olds, I did not want to have corroded bolts if I ever needed to do anything to it so I used SS. That was a big mistake as everything corroded, not just the bolts.

In short my post was just trying to clarify that they could still corrode. Nothing else was meant by it.
No it is totally fine. I always appreciate a healthy dialogue unless most vendors I welcome it as it gives a different perspective.

Got the call we all be waiting for. Going to pick up the pucks and have some photographs and shipping labels for everyone!
rejoice?

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Rejoice. What is the sound of one hand clapping?
With my hand that is a High 5!

Update:
Got the pucks going through QC . I have the following list:

Could the individuals that wanted Black , send me an email so I can tie your screen name to a shipping address?
Will add some marketing photos later on with some photos of the machining process.

As for Fluidampr's
We have (2) ALH units in stock.
We are machining adapter for AHU units as well as a complete redesign for an AFN that will use the Fluidampr as a base and then have a pressed on accessory onto the unit. CJAA adapters are on the machine as well.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I happened to notice the debate about SS hardware and varying grades. I worked for a fastener distributor for 5 years. It depends on what grade of Ss you are using as well when you determine strength. Also bear in mind, SS fasteners will generally bend long before they shear. In a socket head cap application the socket head may also round out much quicker than on a regular steel fastener. This may or may not be desirable in this application. Your best bet is to try and use the OEM grade fastener with a coating or plated. BTW, Many of my sources offer grade 10.9 or grade 12.9 in various coatings and platings. Metrics are rated in 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9 most commonly. If you see a 4.8 for example, it usually is a POS from China.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
In a socket head cap application the socket head may also round out much quicker than on a regular steel fastener.
Not sure I agree with that statement. I have removed the crank pulley with SS hardware installed on it some 6 years ago at least 5 times and it is still going good.

Only got 3 emails guys!

p.s. has anyone here ever dealt with a seller called "recycledjack"?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
p.s. has anyone here ever dealt with a seller called "recycledjack"?
Never dealt with him but he does own a business in Detroit that is a salvage yard for VW's. He is NOT the same business as Parts Place for VW's however.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Never dealt with him but he does own a business in Detroit that is a salvage yard for VW's. He is NOT the same business as Parts Place for VW's however.
Gathered that. Was just surprised that he was selling TDI parts but was not listed here. Charged us $70 USD shipping from MI to NY13669 for a package weighing 12 lbs in a 10 x 10 x 10" box.

Bummer...
Whatever the case I will say that you anodized clear guys missed out. These black units after press fitting in everything came out amazing. Will have shipping run end of day shortly to populate your tracking #'s but enjoy!

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI

TOTAL = 22
Just to bring this to the newest page.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Gigity gigity gigity... UPS QuantumView sent me tracking info!!!
:D
Will be in transit by tomorrow.

NOW this is the current situation. We did 40 of these of which I am keeping 3. (Clear , Black & Machined) leaving 37. Of that 37 , 6 black and 15 clear scheduled for shipping.

So this is the current outstanding:
Black Anodized - 8 left
Clear Anodized - 9 left
First come first serve!

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Wow, that black unit is stunning. I am good with my silver choice though and am waiting for tracking with massive anticipation! Thanks Issam!