looking for dealer in york region

NieBoy

TDI
05' Jetta wagon TDI
I have a 05 tdi jetta(1.9 pd) wagon with 128000 and am looking to get my timing belt changed . if anyone knows were i could get it done in york region please post me back.
thanks
Nieboy

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
The timing belt on that engine is recommended to be changed at 160K. I took the drive out to Cobourg to get mine done. Also, send a PM to Vdubtech on the forums he may be to help you out,

Extremefeats

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI Golf
TB's and everything relating to it are huge on these cars. Distance shouldn't be a factor. I would recommend "Diesel Dazzler" though he is located in Dorchester ( close to Woodstock ). I think "Vdubtech" is somehow linked to him, but unsure. If the Cobourg Dealership is closer and ya don't mind paying a lil more, by all means...

Also, buy a complete Deluxe TB kit and make sure the watermpump impeller is metal. I would recommend getting in contact with Brian in Roseland. There's my 2 cents. Good luck.

NieBoy

TDI
05' Jetta wagon TDI
engine type?

thanks for the help...i didnt know the recommended change was at 160000..i thought it was @ 128000. I was told there was two different engines for that year...is there any way to tell which engine i have...will this effect the recomended change interval. thanks again for yourhelp

blaz

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat
NieBoy said:
thanks for the help...i didnt know the recommended change was at 160000..i thought it was @ 128000. I was told there was two different engines for that year...is there any way to tell which engine i have...will this effect the recomended change interval. thanks again for yourhelp
I think there was only one diesel engine for the jettas in 2005, the 1.9L PD TDI. Maybe the other engine was a gasser, but there were two of those: 2.0L and 1.8L Turbo.
Whoops, this is 2006 model year info ...

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Not sure if it's different on the PDs, but on the earlier TDIs, change intervals were different for auto and manual transmission cars. In york region, you have two VW dealer choices: Richmond Hill VW, and VW Villa. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If you can afford the time, coburg VW always gets good reviews, but it's about a 1 hr drive from RH. I believe there is a mechanic in the Mississauga area or so who apparently does a good job. You might also want to talk with Mittler Motors in Newmarket, but I haven't heard too much out of there regarding timing belts.

NieBoy

TDI
05' Jetta wagon TDI
Thanks

Thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate the quick responses and good information.

VDUB TECH

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI , Audi TT TDI Q , 2013 Touareg TDI , 2006 Jetta TDI
im diesel dazzlers loyal apprentice lol,he taught me the tricks of the trade.your belt is due around 160k