Oil leak

alireza57

TDI
touran
Hi don't know if I post it in right place as I'm new here
Been for mot 2days ago and find out the oil on the back of the engine where the turbo fitted what could it be turbo seal or head gasket or valve cover gasket
Advice pls

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

uzi_cupra

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Ibiza Cupra TDi
Most likely the back of the valve cover, the rubber gasket can give way, or it could be the breather hose going into the turbo intake pipe from the valve cover which may be leaking - neither are a a major issue, just annoying.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Likely the valve cover.

Will that leak fail you for a MOT?

I assume MOT is like the inspection we have here in the states.

alireza57

TDI
touran
Likely the valve cover.

Will that leak fail you for a MOT?

I assume MOT is like the inspection we have here in the states.
No it hasn't fail the mot the guy didn't even noticed it but I did and took some pic if he does notice it goes as an advisery in mot certificate lol

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
No it hasn't fail the mot the guy didn't even noticed it but I did and took some pic if he does notice it goes as an advisery in mot certificate lol

So an advisory is similar to say a warning? It will not cause a fail but is written into your MOT? Warning , you have an oil leak!

What about a leaking shock?

Or brake pads worn down to barely there?

alireza57

TDI
touran
So an advisory is similar to say a warning? It will not cause a fail but is written into your MOT? Warning , you have an oil leak!

What about a leaking shock?

Or brake pads worn down to barely there?
Shock absorber and break and light and screen wiper are highest reason to fail the mot if they not in working order so its best to make sure they are working fine b4 taking the car for mot
Engine oil leak is something u can can drive the car without any harm calls to other road user as long as not really really bad leak
But if something witch it can't sort out on mot garage u get so many days to fix the car and get it check again for free mot

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
If the head just below the valve cover is wet on the back side of the engine, try snugging your valve cover bolts.

On my 2006 the size is a Torx-30. I would suggest getting a Torx driver without a removable bit. You wouldn't want to loose a Torx bit behind the engine.