Chipwerke TDI Pro S Chip - PiggyBack

T1no33

TDI
2015 A3 TDI
I just purchased one of these last week and I am very pleased with the results. There is a noticeable increase in power and a slight uptick of improved MPG.

Anyone else try one?

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Any more feedback after 3.5yrs of ownership? I know thread is old.... Just wanting piggyback options for my new to me ea288....

kydutrojan

TDI
3.0 TDI A6 C7
New guy here, saw this thread and thought I’d give my 2 cents. Have a 2014 A6 TDI Quattro (w/ VAG emissions fix). Purchased the Chipwerke Pro mid-December of last year. Unfortunately I couldn’t quite figure out which specific unit to get and ended up with the incorrect unit (needed the 240hp unit but foolishly bought their 330hp box). Installed easily enough, although the instructions that come with the box are incorrect. Cleared the DTCs via VCDS and initially the car ran like a BAMF. Didn’t have access to a dyno but you could absolutely tell a difference simply from driving. Unfortunately after the first couple times driving things started acting up with the car stuttering almost as if it was choking, and suddenly losing power unless you throttle it hard and it would pick up. Went through 1-2 tanks of gas to give the ECU time to adapt, but no luck. Changed the settings in the box according to what the Chipwerke people told me, still didn’t help. Called up Brianna at Chipwerke (who btw might be the most helpful and nicest person I’ve ever dealt with) and she sent me out the correct version. Installed the new box in the same way as the previous box and at first, it drove beautifully. However, after the first few drives things started acting up again. Never got a CEL with either of the boxes, but it did not drive right with the chocking and what sometimes sounded like odd valve chattering. Finally gave up and returned the 2nd box back to Chipwerke. I suspect their units might not be compatible with post-fix motors, although that’s merely speculation. However, I will say that the folks at Chipwerke were extremely helpful and responded to all of my emails and phone calls immediately, which I greatly appreciate especially these days when great customer service can be hit or miss.

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
New guy here, saw this thread and thought I’d give my 2 cents. Have a 2014 A6 TDI Quattro (w/ VAG emissions fix). Purchased the Chipwerke Pro mid-December of last year. Unfortunately I couldn’t quite figure out which specific unit to get and ended up with the incorrect unit (needed the 240hp unit but foolishly bought their 330hp box). Installed easily enough, although the instructions that come with the box are incorrect. Cleared the DTCs via VCDS and initially the car ran like a BAMF. Didn’t have access to a dyno but you could absolutely tell a difference simply from driving. Unfortunately after the first couple times driving things started acting up with the car stuttering almost as if it was choking, and suddenly losing power unless you throttle it hard and it would pick up. Went through 1-2 tanks of gas to give the ECU time to adapt, but no luck. Changed the settings in the box according to what the Chipwerke people told me, still didn’t help. Called up Brianna at Chipwerke (who btw might be the most helpful and nicest person I’ve ever dealt with) and she sent me out the correct version. Installed the new box in the same way as the previous box and at first, it drove beautifully. However, after the first few drives things started acting up again. Never got a CEL with either of the boxes, but it did not drive right with the chocking and what sometimes sounded like odd valve chattering. Finally gave up and returned the 2nd box back to Chipwerke. I suspect their units might not be compatible with post-fix motors, although that’s merely speculation. However, I will say that the folks at Chipwerke were extremely helpful and responded to all of my emails and phone calls immediately, which I greatly appreciate especially these days when great customer service can be hit or miss.
I had a very similar scenario with their box for our Cayenne.....except it didn't run like a BAMF. Had issues with stuttering and finally a CEL. I ended up returning it and plan to use that money for a tune.