2006 Beetle TDI

TDI-newbeetle

TDI
2015 Golf
2006 Beetle TDI Dual Mass Flywheel Issues

Looking for insight and maintenance suggestions on my 2006 Beetle TDI.
The first may have been not to buy it! It is currently in the shop having the flywheel, half shafts and trans serviced. The shaking and spun Bering noise coming from the bottom of the engine (oil pan) turned out to be the dual mass flywheel. I draw the line at removing large components like transmissions. Anyway, I have had two opinions and both are the same. DSG trans loses flywheels and cause noise and vibration.
The engine is different from my 1999 TDI beetle. Its more powerful and has a different fuel pump, EGR, turbo piping, and fuel lines.
I'm looking for VAG-COM setting suggestions. I would like the windows to roll down and up while holding the key fob button up or down.
Can I turn down the EGR? Its different in appearance.
I live in a no smog check county (safety only) and would like to get the best fuel economy I can (off road purposes only)
If the 06 has issues other than the dual mass flywheel, Please let me know. It could save me some trouble. It starts great even when hot and being restarted, I remember my 99 being stubborn when warm.
I changed the cabin filter, oil, Mobile 1 full synthetic, new fuel filter and a can of Diesel Purge. (used properly system in loop )
What is that big nut on the bottom of the oil filter reservoir anyway?
Oh and before I forget, is there a port for purging air out of the fuel system like the 99-02s? Or just cycle the key and let the electric do its job?
This is all just a bunch of random thoughts. I would just like to get some opinions about the 2006 drivr train.
Thanks

Last edited:

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
Looking for insight and maintenance suggestions on my 2006 Beetle TDI.

Easy. Open the glove box, extract the owner's manual and follow the recommendations.

Don't worry Be happy.