What did you do to your MK7 today?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Installed the Helix soundbox in the Sportwagen. Already had one in the GTI and absolutely love it. Fits nicely over the spare and under the rear cargo floor.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I found hail dents on my MK7 today from a storm last night. Yay insurance claim on 2 month old vehicle lol.

fixed 2 year old and 2 month! ;)

We had hail twice in the past two weeks, half the size of a pea but still first time I've seen hail, def unnerving as I didn't park the Alltrack in the garage as I was working on a project.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
2015 Golf sportwagen Tdi dsg

Things done to car.
1. Turn on alarm - enabled now
2. Turn off seat belt warning
3. Add refill and accel to menu
4. Set ac to extreme hot climate
5. Found traction control off in radio
6. Hitch and wiring
7. Weather tech floor mats
8. Brake pad warning sensor not installed
9. RC stage2 tuned ecu fix- Egr0/flaps0
10. RC stage1 tuned dsg - obd2 port
11. Isspro boost/egt gage installed
12. Key fob express windows enabled
13. CB radio installed

Things to do:
1. Get windows tinted
2. Install rear air bags
3. Install dpf 0 exhaust and tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_QCPunw2M

lawnarjax

TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL, 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, 1994 Safari Trek (Isuzu 4BD2TC)
Extreme Hot Weather setting? Please explain. My ac is a little wanting in the south. Edit: Found it and the setting was already for HC...

Last edited:

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
Got my windows tinted today. Suntek CIR ceramic, 35% in the rear windows and 50% in the front side windows. Hope that helps with the brutal South Carolina heat and humidity.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M

Things done to car.
6. Hitch and wiring
13. CB radio installed

Things to do:
1. Get windows tinted
2. Install rear air bags

Jeff,

Knowing that you have one of these too is making me feel all tingly inside....

looking forward to seeing you at a GTG now and feeling how these cars (with the DSG) will react to a tune...

fun times are ahead.

Byarb209

TDI
2015 golf sportwagen
Q-pro KERMATDI .....

I got the q-pro and the stock tune was sent over within 20 minutes. Charlie emailed me back within about two hours and the new tune was in my mailbox. It took about 30 more minutes for me to figure it out from there and I'm in business.

I initially notice a clear improvement in throttle response and torque even during normal driving conditions. It's great when you romp on it and it really comes alive. My first drive was 84 miles on my commute to work and the mileage is also improved, at least on the Info center.

I would like it to sound a little more tough!!

What's next...???

I need suggestions????

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I had the tires rotated today at dealer,also free wash. Walked around the lot and they had 3 "new" '15 TDI's, 2 GSW's and a Golf-also had a fixed '15 GSW w/ 42k for just under $19k,and a fixed '14 Passat. I installed the dark tint Weathertech window visors tonight,look pretty nice. I need to see if I can buff out a couple spots in the paint I found a few weeks ago-a spot on center of hood and one on driver side rear door on lower panel-I can't feel the spots w/ my finger so I'm not sure if it's a clearcoat problem or not....

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
Added USB ports inside center console cubby next to power outlet. Removed TDI badge to avoid anti-diesel vandalism/harassment. Installed splash guards. Rechecked alignment and it really was off despite having only 2000 miles. It felt squirrelly to me.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Added USB ports inside center console cubby next to power outlet. Removed TDI badge to avoid anti-diesel vandalism/harassment. Installed splash guards. Rechecked alignment and it really was off despite having only 2000 miles. It felt squirrelly to me.
Peaceful greenie social justice warrior tender snowflakes? Gotta love Oregon.

Bam15012

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon
The usb ports sound like a great idea. Do you have any pics or advise on how to do this?

Thanks,
Bam

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Jeff, Ditto Growler's comment. Where did you install the boost pressure sensor and the EGT thermocouple? We need a GTG!

Things done to car.
6. Hitch and wiring
13. CB radio installed

Things to do:
1. Get windows tinted
2. Install rear air bags

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Flushed brake fluid this past weekend.

I used a Motive Products Power Bleeder (same unit I use on my MkIV) and it was easy and problem free. Kept it around 12 PSI.

Most 2015 owners should be planning to do this pretty soon. It's supposed to be done after the first 3 years, and subsequently every 2 years. It was 2.7 years for this car, but I'd rather do it now instead of the dead of winter. Car was purchased in January 2015.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Paul; Which ones/where did you purchase the mirrors? And are you content with their quality.
+1 on a GTG.
Dubstop Imports on ebay. The same place that those which I got from Dave for the Passat came from. Excellent quality. Here's the Item Page. Half what ECS charges...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Flushed brake fluid this past weekend.

I used a Motive Products Power Bleeder (same unit I use on my MkIV) and it was easy and problem free. Kept it around 12 PSI.

Most 2015 owners should be planning to do this pretty soon. It's supposed to be done after the first 3 years, and subsequently every 2 years. It was 2.7 years for this car, but I'd rather do it now instead of the dead of winter. Car was purchased in January 2015.
Did you have to use a brake pedal tool to hold it down while doing the flush? First time I did our now gone Passat nothing came out of the bleed valve unless the pedal was depressed.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dubstop Imports on ebay. The same place that those which I got from Dave for the Passat came from. Excellent quality. Here's the Item Page. Half what ECS charges...
I hope you have better luck with your knockoffs than I had with mine from eBay that I put on my GTI in autumn last year. The blue coating began flaking away at the edges of the glass, and when I eventually replaced the knockoffs with OEM VW asphericals, I noticed that the glass itself was detaching from the plastic backing. They did make it through one winter, but I'd wager that at some point this coming winter, the glass would have fallen out of one of the mirrors. Good luck!

Here's the edge flaking that developed on my knockoffs over one winter:

Here are three comparison shots of the stock flat mirror, non-OEM blue asphericals, and finally OEM VW asphericals (made in Hungary):

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I hope you have better luck with your knockoffs than I had with mine from eBay that I put on my GTI in autumn last year. The blue coating began flaking away at the edges of the glass, and when I eventually replaced the knockoffs with OEM VW asphericals, I noticed that the glass itself was detaching from the plastic backing. They did make it through one winter, but I'd wager that at some point this coming winter, the glass would have fallen out of one of the mirrors. Good luck!
The DubStop mirrors on the Passat were on the car for 7 years and they showed absolutely no signs of the blue coating flaking. We'll see...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Picked up a set of LED reverse bulbs, and tossed them in.

Easy plug and play went with JDM AStar 1000 lumens 921 off amazon, list for about $20. Price dropped $3 after I bought them last Thursday. I'll try and snag pics of a night shot.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Thanks looking on eBay. I saw lots of CRAP. Ones and missed the Dubstop ones. I sourced from them one my A5 and A4s. The have held up well. After having the asphericsl on the other cars. I find the gsw. Blind to the side with the stock side views

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Received and installed the Weather Tech cargo area liner and stainless steel exhaust covers today. The liner was rolled up, so it's a bit curled, but it will flatten out the first hot day.

Found this in the toolbox. I put it together for the old Passat, but it didn't fit correctly.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Love the TDI grille badge!

Also, for some reason, all your pictures display upside down on my iPhone 7+.