PD115 injector upgrade to PD150?

seanmcinally54

TDI
Audi A4 1.9tdi brb pd115
Hi all,
Recently I have installed 2 sets of pd 150 injectors in my pd115(Audi a4 1.9 tdi brb). Both the sets were misfiring when I installed them and I made sure the rocker arm adjustments were spot on both times and the injectors were all correctly seated. Once I removed the first set of pd150 injectors I put in my car, I installed the original pd115 ones with no misfires etc when I started it up. This led me to rule out an electrical fault with the loom so I returned the first set of pd150 injectors to the seller and found another set of pd150 injectors to purchase of which I installed the following weekend and this set was also misfiring?! So yet again I removed them and installed my original pd115 which once again started with no problems. Although I did get both sets of injectors cheap (around £120 for each set) I think it’s unlikely that 2 sets of injectors have the same fault. My other thought is with the bigger pd150 injectors being installed, it will cause the car to over fuel. Has anyone ever had any trouble with this?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Sean.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Bigger injectors need duration maps changing in the tune, you won't have a smooth running engine due to ecu not being able to make adjustments...you also need air to burn extra fuel...

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
On BRB you won't be able to install any injectors without heavy modifications in software. I did a software for BRB with AVF injectors 038130073BA. Is running fine after that, but it took a lot of time to adapt them. You can try to install BPW injectors 038130073BJ, also modification needed but at least those are found on EDC16U31 like BRB. That's why you have missfire, because the ecu doesn't know to make them work.

PS: which is the scope for this swap? Bigger power?

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
b4v....died, engine swapped into mk1 caddy
Sidebar...... Id be interested in those pd150 injectors if you need to sell.