2002 Golf 4dr 5sp TDI - Rochester NY $3000

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
EDIT:
Price drop: Asking $1800, negotiable.
########
212,000 miles. Both belts just done including water pump, tensioners, idlers. one new axle. Fresh alignment and NYS Inspection. All glass good.

NY salvage-branded title in my name. Previous salvage was from MA, possible rollover from a weld seam I saw in the D pillar while working on it. I fixed it as well as it deserved from a subsequent rearend collision.

Drivetrain-wise it appears to be very good with the exception of jammed VNT vanes. It will go into limp mode at about 2100 rpm sustained due to overboost. Actuator works and tries to move, but the turbo says no. I'll be working on that...

AC appears non-operational.

Hatch fit isn't perfect.
I know I'm asking a bit for what it is, but with fresh belts and middling milage that's where I'll start.

I'm currently planning to keep this car, but it's time to thin the fleet. If you want this more than I do, cash definitely talks. If you want to lowball me, wave cash in my face and be ready to drive it away.

Has 2 good snows on the front and meh all seasons in back. All 4 17" wheels are curbed. Rear bumper cover shows some damage. I didn't get the bondo out before it got cold for that left rear quarter above the tail light.

It's honestly a sharp car at 100' ��

Could use a set of shocks and struts along with the turbo if it's going to serve full daily driver duty.

I'll update pictures if the weather ever cooperates.
Delivery can be arranged.

More photos in FB Marketplace posting. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/578226709290947

Last edited:

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
Picked up a 5sp TDI wagon that may take the place of wanting to keep this car.

Should be doing the turbo that this needs on Friday and it'll be as 100% as it gets. If the wagon goes together as it should and is as good as the seller claimed, price will definitely drop on this to what I think it really should sell for.