www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old September 4th, 2017, 15:43   #1
suchshutterfly

Fuel Economy: 44.8 avg 52.2 best
Default 2000 Golf factory alarm disarm/permanent disable

Now that I have pulled fuses 6 and 14 and disabled the horn for my alarm, has anyone been able to come up with a way to permanently disable the factory alarm in a MKIV without pulling those fuses permanently? I'd like to have my interior lights back (14) because seeing at night is nice. Also, I'm not sure what else I've disabled by pulling those fuses. VAG-COM can't disable it. It was only intermittently arming itself before by locking the door with the key (my fob, despite new batteries and testing OK using an RF scanner at Advance Auto, will not lock, unlock, or interact with the vehicle outside of physically starting the engine/locking/unlocking the doors). It armed last night and would not disarm until I pulled those fuses (I tried the open hatch trick, too, no luck).

Last edited by suchshutterfly; September 4th, 2017 at 17:15.
suchshutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 12:08   #2
suchshutterfly

Fuel Economy: 44.8 avg 52.2 best

Update: so, pulling fuses 6 and 14 disabled the alarm. I left them out for a few days but needed to open the windows because it got warm outside again so I put them back in. Henceforth, I will do things (like lock all four doors from the passenger's side, not by inserting the key into the driver's side door) that could potentially arm the alarm as little as possible in the hopes to never arm it again.
suchshutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 13:18   #3
steve6
Veteran Member

why do you want to do this?
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 13:37   #4
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Yeah, why not just fix the car? The alarm is simply a component of the Central Convenience system, there is not really any extra "stuff" to it, aside from the little blinky light on the driver door and the little beepy horn in the cowl.

You likely have a bad door latch or something.
Old September 12th, 2017, 13:44   #5
BobnOH
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

Try contacting Rocketchip in Red Lion PA. I think his name is Rick Robertson. Maybe you can drive over there and get it the way you need it.
Assuming you just want it disabled and there is not a problem with the alarm system.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 12:19   #6
Rrusse11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnOH View Post
Try contacting Rocketchip in Red Lion PA. I think his name is Rick Robertson. Maybe you can drive over there and get it the way you need it.
Assuming you just want it disabled and there is not a problem with the alarm system.

It's Jeff. Try rocketchip.com, he's a one man show, so don't expect instantaneous response. Great tunes!, and knows these vehicles well.

RC Stage 4: 11mm pump, 17/22, 3bar MAP:2.5" Exhaust: Koni Reds HD Springs, ~1"lift:VR6 fr swaybar, Top strut & rear tie bar: XXIO Racing Rims, 215/55ZR16 GMax AS03's, 10mm/20mm spacers, 35# @: Ventectomy: Atlas skid plate: 02J, SBC2 End, .658 5th, Peloquin LSD: TT Short Shifter: Bosal Hitch: VW racks:
Rrusse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 12:31   #7
Nevada_TDI
Veteran Member

His handle here is "jsrmonster."
2001 Jetta GL TDI, 35/15% Tint, Ventectomy, Catectomy, EGR-ectomy, Stage 4 TDTuning, PP764's, Stealth 17/56 Garrett, VCDS Hex+CAN, South Bend Daily Driver 2 Clutch, DG Short Shifter, Previous Diesel: 1983 Rabbit Diesel

Last edited by Nevada_TDI; September 13th, 2017 at 12:36.
Nevada_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 14:50   #8
Rxfire
Veteran Member

See my posts here:

#2 here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ighlight=fuses

#3 here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ighlight=fuses

This will lead you to this thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...highlight=fuse

see my post at #15 within that thread

P.S. My buddy is still driving his 2000 Jetta that we did this to, with no issues
2 each 2003 GLS Jetta Wagons (White/tan leather and White/black leather), 5 speeds, Panzer plates, roof rack cross bars (hers), homelinks, 520 nozzles, ventectomies, trailer hitch (mine), VR6 front springs (hers); 1 inch lift kit w/ESP (mine) 1986 Isuzu Trooper Turbo Diesel, 1985 Isuzu P'up NA Diesel
Rxfire is offline   Reply With Quote