Post your TDI sightings here!!

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Just saw a black b5.5 tdi wagon with Ma plates pull into AutoBahn in West Bridgewater. I guess I'm not the only B5.5 tdi around here.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Silver Golf w/ club plate frame South bound RT 2 in Arnold down towards the South River. You lost me on the 50 bridge. I pulled next to you @ the 450 & Forest Dr. lights I was in the Ford truck. Nice looking & running car. You were movin on the bridge. What programing are you running?

BTW, watch the radar traps between collge pkwy & the Arnold light as they have been setting up there recently. Bob

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Did it look like the one on the left? He's stock, so if you are sure it was chipped it wasn't him. We often take one of these up to the Chinese restaurant in the shopping center on the left as you head north on Ritchie Highway to the intersection at Arnold Rd.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Similar except this one had about a half dozen or more stickers on the rear deck & glass. Bob

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Bob S. said:
Similar except this one had about a half dozen or more stickers on the rear deck & glass. Bob
Well that explains why it was so fast! Or does that only work with Hondas and Acuras?:p

ErikR

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI pk2 5-spd Black/Black
Bloomfield NJ A4

Blueish A4 on Rt 3 Eastbound right lane, right after the Bloomfield road exit.

Sorry, I merged into traffic right in front of you but I don't think I cut you off that bad - you must have been hanging the right lane for mpg's? :D

Nice grill emblem and the first TDI I have seen with the club licence plate frame in the rear. Are you local to Northern NJ & if so do you have TDI mechanics contact info for the area? I go to 3 river for warranty work since they are close by but it's always nice to have another non-dealership contact just in case.

tas

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2001 baltic green
saw a charcoal b4 passat in tyngsboro around 5:30 i was heading over the bridge on middlesex rd you had a tdiclub plate holder i waved but i don't think you saw me
tom

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Charcoal B4V GLX-TDI heading southbound on I-495 with a Ford Taurus School bus as a rear bumper. Quite an odd sight :eek: . Thankfully the Taurus eventually fell off.

Thanks for the morning commute company, JollyGreenGiant!

I have to say it was hard for me to keep the Golf under 80 mph. It has a sweet spot around 90, these days. Damn performance upgrades....

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Dark blue A4 Jetta at the Morgantown, WV walmart. Had a tdiclub plate frame and you park right be side me in a fairly empty parking lot, so I'm sure you're around here somewhere!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
This one was spotted in CA, but thought IBW, Jetter, or Lug Nut would be amused...

Windsor Blue B4 Wagon with Maine plates spotted in someones driveway in Pascadero, CA! :eek: It's a long way from home...

Calico Red

Perpetual Newbie
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue (sold 2/25/2012), Jetta 2005 Blue
Yesterday I was driving a Lancer :eek: from Towson, MD to Romney, WV for a friend. During the journey I spotted 13 TDIs ... Golfs, Jettas, 1 Toureg, and 1 Passat. :)

Of course, driving a Lancer, my thumbs up and claps and horn beeps were totally ignored by the TDI folk.

The four that specifically stood out, since I can remember them more that 24 hours after spotting them, were the white V10 Toureg with VA plates, a Jetta with a Yakima Skybox Car Top Cargo Box, a white variant, and the silver Jetta in the WalMart/Applebee's parking lot in Winchester.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
White A4 Jetta heading southbound on I-495 around 9:30 AM with Maine plates. I was the white blur in the left lane ;)

Justler

Veteran Member
White A4 Jetta w/ WV plates I believe in parking garage at verizon in ashburn. Saw your car when I was leaving E2 =P. I'm the silver jetta with the dirty rear end =P

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Black A4 Jetta Wagon heading southbound on I-495 this morning. Looks like it got off on to Rt 2 West.

tas

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2001 baltic green
green tdi sport in boston today parked by the prison ..i was paving the parking lot across the street from you ...i didnt see the tdi badge till i left otherwise i would have come over to say hi..
tom

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Hagerstown MD

Grey Passat in the Cracker Barrel parking lot (I-70 & MD-65) about 11 am today.

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
tas said:
green tdi sport in boston today parked by the prison ..i was paving the parking lot across the street from you ...i didnt see the tdi badge till i left otherwise i would have come over to say hi..
tom
Tas that was ME!!

We talked a while ago when you almost sold your car!!!

did you see my sheetmetal sticker?

Hope all is well, nice job on that lot. you guys started EARLY!!

I'm workin' on the "BIOLAB" that nobody wants.

Brian

see you around!

tas

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2001 baltic green
we started at 5 am thats nice when you come down from nh.... i wish i saw you pull in i would have walked over.. to say hey...
tom

rockotime

TDI
2005 jetta
225 miles NO TDI's !!

drove from Easton Md to Cockeysville Md on T-Day - only saw 1 TDI - it was the one I was drivivng !!! Rt50/Rt97/Balto Beltway

LOTS of attitudes !!!

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Silver Jetta rt. 1 north wrentham/foxboro line (we were in the white jetta that beeped) and when walking out of gillette stadium i heard a tdi caught it quickly light blue looking(bad light) passat wagon...twas a tdi night near the game....go pats it was a great one;)

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Silver 4 door Golf heading Southbound on I-495 around 8:30am.

Also saw JollyGreenGiant again, around the same place.

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
Passat Wagon, exit 7 off NJ TP

I was behind a grey B4 Passat wagon TDI going through the toll plaza at exit 7 coming off the NJ TP this morning. It had NJ used car dealer plates on it.

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
Black Mk 4 Jetta on NJ TP

I was passed by a black Mk 4 Jetta TDI on the NJ Turnpike this morning. I was somewhat disappointed to see him going so fast, which would really ruin his mileage. :( I was going 70 mph.