Post your TDI sightings here!!

Blackbomber

TDI
2002 Automatic
It's insane how many TDI's I see on my 30 mile commute between exit 25a to exit 8 on i84 in CT. Normally I think CT people are quite lacking in common sense, but this is one area that refutes that claim (presuming I'm not among the lacking - quite open to debate). Seriously, though. I see between two and 5 per day. Last Wendesday, I saw two '010's in addition to the three MkIV's I regularly see.

Bobo4255

TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI Manual
Being hit by a rig has unintended consequences

Without getting hit by an 18 wheeler on the Braga Bridge in Fall River, I might still be pushing my 2001 Cherokee 70 miles a day commuting to work . . .

Instead I found this cherry 2003 Golf TDI GLS 4dr 5mt after a bit of research regarding what efficient commuter cars were available at a reasonable price. Sorry to the 2 other chaps that put deposits on the car after I did, it just made sense after a weekend of research and consideration.

So I'm new to this diesel thing, doing my homework and studying up on this forum . . .

Anyone else local to Newport, RI?

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Hot blond chick driving a white Audi A3 TDI on Pa Turnpike West bound around Plymouth Meeting @ 130pm

lghf

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta GL
Saw a grayish blue Beetle TDI at the SUNY Albany State Quad parking lot.
Where I was also parked.

Calico Red

Perpetual Newbie
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue (sold 2/25/2012), Jetta 2005 Blue
This morning, durng rush hour, was side-by-side with Silver Jetta, club plate frame, MD tag ending G01, going southbound I-270 and eastbound on I-495. Since I was driving green Honda Civic, I doubt the Jetta's drivr was aware are a fellow TDI owner in the same traffic mess eyeing his car and nodding approvingly. Alas, my Passat's steering is very questionable, and I'm borrowing cars until Tom in Stafford can give me old girl the attention she needs.

Seismik

TDI
2001 Jetta & 96 Passat
Seen a dark blue on on the Pittsburgh Parkway headed from the airport into town Friday afternoon rush hour. I was in my green TDI. :)

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
silver mk4 Golf with rims in Limerick/Royersford, Pa by Target and Giant. I believe had Mass plates.

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
Been seeing a few Jetta TDI cars rolling eastbound I-70 in Maryland each morning on my commute from Frederick to Baltimore. Anyone a member on that route?

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
Digital4n6 said:
Been seeing a few Jetta TDI cars rolling eastbound I-70 in Maryland each morning on my commute from Frederick to Baltimore. Anyone a member on that route?
My silver Golf is on that route in the 6:30-7ish timeframe....

Q-Ship

TDI
2009 Jetta, U Boat Grey
Haven't seen one yet on my trips up and down the Maine Turnpike between Portland and Portsmouth, but I'm sure they're out there.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I saw a Gray Mk5 barreling up 95 last monday 2/22 around 4:30 in the afternoon, doing about 80. i kept up with it for a little while but backed off to my normal 68 speed as i've had way too many tickets.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
This morning anne arundle county MD Black 2010 Golf on muddy creek road heading west. turned onto mill swamp road the north on rt. 2

white 2009 Jetta on birdsville rd. crossing rt. 214 to davidisionville rd.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Sited: N1DAs in Jetta wagon on rt 9 East in Southborough, MA

N1DAS, no matter what Chill did to your car, its not a great idea to race a Mercedes with Rocket Chip stage 1 and 300 lb-ft of torque from a traffic light.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
this afternoon on 422 east.... mk6 black wagon and mk4 gold wagon. I was the silver wagon the tdiclub.com sticker :thumbup:

Q-Ship

TDI
2009 Jetta, U Boat Grey
740GLE said:
I saw a Gray Mk5 barreling up 95 last monday 2/22 around 4:30 in the afternoon, doing about 80. i kept up with it for a little while but backed off to my normal 68 speed as i've had way too many tickets.
That wqs a little early for me, so it must have been some other U-Boat Commander...:cool:

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
zocco said:
My silver Golf is on that route in the 6:30-7ish timeframe....
Definitely seen you roll by! My new plate is "DGTL 4N6" and just ordered the club frame. There is another member with a club frame parked at the Mt. Airy park n'ride (where my truck is now).

nhdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6M gone back to VWoA, 1996 Passat Wagon (RIP)
A3 TDi

Silver Audi A3 TDi sighted on Rt 93 south at around exit 4 Wednesday evening around 5:00PM. Had not ever seen one of these before!

GT2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 mk4 5-spd conversion from automatic.
nhdude said:
Silver Audi A3 TDi sighted on Rt 93 south at around exit 4 Wednesday evening around 5:00PM. Had not ever seen one of these before!
Audi had a display during the head of the Charles Row fest last fall, no Quattro for US, NEXT!

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
Dark-colored (it was a dark and rainy morning) Audi A3 TDI going north on Rte. 24 in Portsmouth, RI March 30. Honked and waved as usual, but driver was oblivious.

Ton

Veteran Member
TDI
early 2001 jetta
I see a suprising amount of TDI's in Luray,VA. A black golf was sitting along the greenway/hawksbill creek.

Q-Ship

TDI
2009 Jetta, U Boat Grey
donDavide said:
I thought the U-boat commander in new england drove a Delta 88?
That would be the battleship commander, and if he wants more speed, he simply rings down for more steam...:D