Post your TDI sightings here!!

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
DC today- South Capital street and I SW, Red 4 door A4 Golf w/ black badgeskins and black trim and tint. Mass Ave NW & 13th white A3. West bound rt 50 A5 Grey metalic Sportwagon in Lanham

fastasaturtle

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2001 Jetta, 2006 NB
I looked over and was thinking, "I guess I'm supposed to recognize this guy but I'm drawing a blank..."
I realized it was you when you pulled away and I saw the I-talian colored badge! I thought about following you on I St. and running you down to chat but I was hoping to get home before the traffic got really bad. BTW, if I had power windows I would've rolled it down...

Last edited:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
fastasaturtle said:
I looked over and was thinking, "I guess I'm supposed to recognize this guy but I'm drawing a blank..."
I realized it was you when you pulled away and I saw the I-talian colored badge! I thought about following you on I St. and running you down to chat but I was hoping to get home before the traffic got really bad. BTW, if I had power windows I would've rolled it down...
You should have. I would pulled over to chat. Your car looks sweet.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
fastasaturtle said:
Thanks. We'll have to meet up some time when you're on Capitol Hill again.
I am there all of the time. I was just there again today. I have to go back tomorrow. I deal with American Cafe in the Fairchild building on South Capital St.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Yesterday (5/26) at 6:35 blue NB entering I-270S at NIST. Had a club frame.

droit

TDI
09 JSW TDI 6M
Red Jetta TDI Sedan on 29 south merging onto 100 east around 7:30, 5/29 with "Yes, it's a Diesel" plate frame and PA tags.

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
donDavide said:
Samspock on rt 50 east and south dakota ave merge.
Probably see more of that. I have a new job that takes me to a few sites in that direction. I think I was going to Mt. Rainier that day.

Was that you in front of Super Fresh today?

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
donDavide said:
1745- Gray metalic B4V (like what Blue Hen had) Landover Road onto Rt 50 Late 50s age wise. I got stuck in traffic but was able to pass when it went to 3 lanes. He was trying to keep me from passing him. He was a left lane bandit the whole way down 50 east. He was very slow holding up traffic between Lanham and Bowie. Again Left lane bandit. 2 suggestions. Shower and Dr. Atkins. Tacoma Park was the otherway Dude.

This Bum got a taste of RC2, Sprint 520s and EGR delete today and he deserved it. Left lane bandit, sped up to keep me from getting in and entered HOV lane thus illegally passing a mini van on rt 50 WB. And he still needs a Shower.

Diesel_Mikey

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I was parking in fabulous Scotch Plains, NJ yesterday evening when suddenly I heard double the clatter. I was wondering why my already warm engine suddenly sounded like I'd just cold-started it, but actually it was two TDI's singing in harmony...a fellow A5 Jetta, this one in blue, pretty stock except for a bolt-on spoiler, and probably an '06 based on the non-blue badge. Was it someone here? Anyone? Bueller?

kgirlbug2k

Veteran Member
Carlsbad caverns: A gentleman with a wife and kid asked my husband if our bugs were part of a TDI club event.....my husband waited 24 hours to bother mentioning it to me...we had TDIclubbers there, but most of the cars in our group were sadly 2.0s.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Saw a blue 09 Jetta TDI sedan in a fast food parking lot in Brattleboro, Vermont around 5:30pm. Had a Massachusetts plate. Driver must have been scarfing down a burger inside.

Mike96ZJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Saw a black Golf this morning on the DC beltway. Passed you in my truck because unfortunately the car is down for the moment. Right around the exit for 4.

PaPa Bulldog

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Boost Master
k1xv said:
Saw a blue 09 Jetta TDI sedan in a fast food parking lot in Brattleboro, Vermont around 5:30pm. Had a Massachusetts plate. Driver must have been scarfing down a burger inside.
K1 I have a Cool White MKIII with Kentucky plates, FahrFrumPumpen sticker, and German Flag Magnet next to the TDi name plate. I'm in Brattleboro quite often so look for me, or better yet come see me for GMC Parts:D

PnutButrJelytime

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta
white A5 jetta outside of solomons island yesterday around 8pm. as i was passing i couldn't help but notice the sweet soot on your white bumper, very nice.

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
1 week only 3 sightings, 1 in ct on 95, 1 in pa on 81 and 1 in wv at babcock state park....hopefully I have some on the way back tomorrow from columbus to home