FS: 2001 White Golf, manual, 275k miles - Delaware

eGolf

TDI
N/A
FS: 2001 White Golf GLS, manual, 275k miles - Delaware

I bought this car new and it's been my baby and I have taken good care of it thanks to this forum. Long time lurker. Over the years I've modified it as I replaced parts or just for fun. It drives well and other than the random niggle of replacing parts on an older car, is fine. Need a different car to cart my two recent additions around and don't have the energy to work on her anymore.

TDI Racing (Oliver) did my timing belts, head gasket replacement and turbo upgrade. The timing belt was replaced about 20k miles ago along with the head gasket and ARP head studs were added. The turbo was replaced at that time as something apparently fell into the impeller of the previous one. Needless to say, I was planning on keeping the car at that point. I don't have my records for these any longer and am going from memory... Most parts from idparts or Impex. Oil every 7.5k.

I'm going to be as comprehensive as I can. To be clear, the number beside part is how long ago it was done.

Replacements/Mods -
RC4+ (~100k)
17/22 (~20k)
ARP Head studs, the actual ones made for this car from idparts. (~20k)
PP764 (~110k)
EGR Delete
2.5" turbo back exhaust, Whitbread downpipe, Buzzken cat-back with resonator.
HID Glass Headlights, freakwithracket originals w/ fog lights
Euroswitch
Koni Coilovers, spun halfway down (~75k)
TT Bushings (~75k)
SouthBend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch (squeals on engagement, otherwise fine) (~50k)
Driver-side axle, as I ripped the boot replacing the clutch (50k)
2.5" Lower Intercooler pipe (original broke)
GTI Taillights (clear instead of yellow turn lens)
Heated Leather seats (working) w/ worn driver side bolster like everyone else, leather door cards, leather armrest
CIM electric boost gauge in left center vent pod
S3 shift knob and boot, from gerwazy
Leather 3 spoke steering wheel
Steering Rack (~60k)
Parking brake cable (thicker ones) a few months back
Extra Parts
Stock VW Crossbars w/o keys
2.5 Cat (brand new, never installed)
Hella Celis Angel Eye Headlights (lightly pitted, were $650 new)
Stock Glass lenses
Tinted Tailights
Random interior parts
Original steering wheel w/ airbag
Original EGR
Original A/C (bearing shot)
Original muffler

Bad/Work Needed -
Front brakes need to be replaced soon, possible stuck guide pin/bad caliper on passenger side
No A/C, has A/C delete pulley. Bearing in pulley squeals and needs to be replaced. $40 on Amazon and 20 minutes under the car.
Original Avus wheels are worn from years of brake dust.
Paint chips from road wear on front of hood were sanded, covered with anti-rust primer and painted with Dr. Colorchip. I didn't do a good job. Looks okay from a distance.
Scrapes along driver side rear fender which you can only see up close, covered with Dr. Colorchip

$3000, which includes the extra parts. I'm not interested in parting it out due to time constraints, but I'm sure if you had the time you could make some money. With the mods, how recently the timing belt/turbo was replaced and the extra parts I think it's definitely a fair price and I'd like it to go to a tdiclub owner. I'd wager she has another 100k+ in her.

I'll upload pics in the morning. It looks like a white 4dr Golf. :)

The pictures are huge, so here's a link to OneDrive folder - https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1329032155776F47!36779 (Choose view original to see in max resolution)

edit: added a sentence about the turbo for clarity sake.

Last edited:

eGolf

TDI
N/A
Added a link to the pictures, sorry for the delay. I also forgot to mention that this is a GLS and I'll be ordering the and fixing the a/c delete pulley possibly before you buy it. I'll see what I can do about embedding them shortly.

eGolf

TDI
N/A
So it's clear... this car has a fresh timing belt/water pump, fresh 17/22 turbo and fresh headgasket with ARP bolts all guru installed 20 thousand miles ago. I'm sure you have an idea what that cost me.

eGolf

TDI
N/A
Bump. Car is my daily, just hit 275 today. I also got the new a/c delete bracket and will be putting it on tomorrow night.

Any interest? Comments? I'll give it another week and post to craigslist. I'd rather it go to a forum member. PM me offers.

eGolf

TDI
N/A
Final bump.

It appears to the belt tensioner instead of the pulley, so a tensioner and new front brakes and you've got yourself a damn good car.