Collection of Dyno Charts and Videos

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
I'm curious about drivetrain / dsg tranny holding up with tunes. The tuner I used in the past for my vnt17 tdi said the dsg can handle 305ftlbs.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I'm curious about drivetrain / dsg tranny holding up with tunes. The tuner I used in the past for my vnt17 tdi said the dsg can handle 305ftlbs.
Your dsg can handle about 300ftlbs no problems (410nm limiters), but put 350ftlbs or more your clutches will shudder. However the dsg can handle higher horsepower in the upper rpms with no problems. I know these DSG's well and have 3x of them, one of which has seen 225hp and 400 ftlbs of torque. You need to upgrade the clutch packs and get billet flywheel if you want them to last, but you are looking at about $3500 euro.

Jeff

rs999

TDI
2012 VW Golf TDI, 2012 VW GTI
Mark@MaloneTuning, do you have any 0-60 times of your Stage 1, 1.5, and 2 tunes, specifically for the MK6 Golf DSG's?

Also, what is the status on flashing 2012 VW Golf and TDI models? Are they doable or do they still have unflashable encryption?

Thanks.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
For what it's worth; here is my completely stock TDI Golf 6M; from a run this morning:

I'm still trying to work out the best launch RPM and shift speeds; but figured this was a pretty solid effort with a 6M...
Only the readings up the the 1/8 mile are accurate; the 1/4 I had already stopped accelerating before that.

And here is a 0-60 run with Malone Stage II and DSG tunes (from another member; I'll let him comment if he wants his name out there)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9SZeBwTR-8k

Last edited:

rs999

TDI
2012 VW Golf TDI, 2012 VW GTI
For what it's worth; here is my completely stock TDI Golf 6M; from a run this morning:

I'm still trying to work out the best launch RPM and shift speeds; but figured this was a pretty solid effort with a 6M...

Only the readings up the the 1/8 mile are accurate; the 1/4 I had already stopped accelerating before that.

And here is a 0-60 run with Malone Stage II and DSG tunes (from another member; I'll let him comment if he wants his name out there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9SZeBwTR-8k
Not a bad 0-60 time on that youtube video, 6.69 seconds. That is basically stock GTI territory. i wonder how close the 1.5 tune is to 6.69?

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Not sure, but I know the car that did that 6.69 still has all emissions equipment as well (so it isn't a "true" stage II yet).

I did a little better today as well, may be because it is warmer

azthegame

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4dr Golf TDI w/DSG
My dyno chart looks about average from what I see around for torque, but was sorely dissapointed in the HP. Should be in the 160's!. Going to a dyno day on the 27th using same dyno so I will see what difference there is with my other changes.

This was with stage 2 Malone and dsg tune, everything else stock including emissions.
@ the wheels

My best 0-60 time is this (with exhaust upgrade, AWE CCB intake, and neuspeed pulley)

Last edited:

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
It's hard to compare dyno numbers across different dynos... 168HP on one dyno may be 148HP on another with the same car.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
AZ,

Considering you have the same naught to 60 time as the 200 HP 24V VR6 MK IV Jetta, I'd be pretty happy :)

mamock116

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I wish catback exhaust made a difference. I want more power but there is nothing else to do other than remove emissions and get stageII