wheel lock

ktm500mx

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Looking for replacement wheel lock tool for my 2012 Jetta Sportwagen.

thanks in advance Mike

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)

thanks in advance Mike

Did you lose yours? Might check with the dealership (have a master set) or the parts dept to order a new one specific to your VIN.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
When I needed a wheel lock for the Jetta I had bought. Those plastic lug bolt covers hide the wheel lock, the dealer would not sell the key, something about selling keys defeating the purpose of the locks. People could buy the keys at the dealers and steal wheels all day long (yea right).

I did not want wheel locks on the car anyway, and the lug bolts are round on the outside and recessed into the wheel, and I could not fit a bolt extractor like I had done on other wheels. So the dealer had a "deal", for $40 they would replace the lug bolts with regular bolts. Since the lug bolts from the dealer where like $5 each anyway, I had them do that, took about 1/2 hour for them to fit me in.

ktm500mx

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
The car I own was missing the lock and the jack kit.
I was able to buy an entire jack kit but I am still missing
the wheel lock.
Mike

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
I had the same issue, bought the car with the jack kit but no key, my local dealer sold me the key, was ~$30. There three or four different keys, so parts dude went to the car and found which ine was needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fogcat

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
The dealer ended up giving me one after I raised a big fuss. I told them that I was going public and to the AG that they sold me an unservicable car because the wheels couldn't be removed without a master set. That violated state law. I removed the locks and replaced them with standard lugs. I told the salesman that if somebody really wanted my wheels....wouldn't they just buy a master set and make up the cost with the first set they stole? Seems that was exactly what had happened nearby. Bingo!

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.

thanks in advance Mike

I have a spare one to share with you if it fits your car...figure out how to determine if we have a match. Lets talk through PM.