build date question

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Yesterday I had the headlight assemblies out to replace the DRLs with PIAA super duper whites. I noticed an inspection sticker on the headlight assembly with an 11/7 (12) date. I knew from the VIN the car was a Nov 2012 build, but I wonder if the 11/7 date would be the acutual day it was completed, as I assume the headlight assemblies are pretty close to the end of the assembly process.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
I should have noted it had a build day of the 3rd of Nov/12, so I assumed the 7th was the test in das auto when things got hooked up.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
There was a label, slightly smaller than a 3x5 card, in the glovebox at delivery. It's kind of a "mini" build sheet. It was provided for you to peel and stick into the lower section of page 23 in the warranty booklet. It has the actual build date listed. (see pic below)

If you don't have this sticker, there is another one applied inside the spare tire well in front of the rear bumper. (see pic below)

Last edited:

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
There was a label, slightly smaller than a 3x5 card, in the glovebox at delivery. It's kind of a "mini" build sheet. It was provided for you to peel and stick into the lower section of page 23 in the warranty booklet. It has the actual build date listed. (see pic below)

If you don't have this sticker, there is another one applied inside the spare tire well in front of the rear bumper. (see pic below)

Just wanted to say I found the mini build stick-um card and it indicated a Nov. 27th build date. I peeled and stuck in th Owners manual. Thanks again.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Glad I could help. BTW - your car was built on my b-day. :D

mihneagabriel

TDI
2009 Jetta
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I was led here from the turbo info thread and I wanted to say your car was built on my birthday as well!! Quite a coincidence!

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG Comfortline+Sport Pkg
Why are ppl reluctant to post build time, if that's what the time indicates?
I see that Salsaman06 blanked his out on the pic of his sticker.

My car was built 8 days before my bday lol!