Remote Window Open/Closing - 2012 Passat SEL

Cryptkeeper

TDI
2011 Golf TDI & 2012 Passat TDI SEL
I know this has been touched on a little here and there in various threads but has anyone figured out how to get the following 2 convenience features working outside the car.

1) From outside the car via the door handle sensor: Closing the Windows or Sunroof or Opening the Windows or sunroof. I can get that to work fine from inside door by holding up the driver's window controller with the door open to close windows and sunroof and pushing down on it after entering the car to open windows and sunroof, but is it possible that this works from outside the car. I haven't seen any clearcut answers whether it is or isn't possible in the 2012 Passat

2) Can the windows be opened and closed via the Key fob? I thought I enabled this feature using VCDS, but it only opens and closes the vent on the sunroof and nothing happens with the windows. This can be done with my 2011 Golf TDI, but apparently not with the 2012 Passat.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Does VCDS allow the Long Coding Helper in the Central Electronics module? The 2012 Passat has some differences over earlier model cars, so I really don't know, but you may ask the ross-tech folks... they have always been very helpful to me.

Cryptkeeper

TDI
2011 Golf TDI & 2012 Passat TDI SEL
It does have the long coding helper, but when I enable the remote convenience window operation it just enables operation of the sunroof vent via the key fob. I didn't know if anyone else figured out what else needs to be done to work the windows also or if this isn't even an option with new passat.