VW employee discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
If there are any members here who are employees of VWoA (Corporate), they are keeping their identities a secret. Therefore, they will not answer your question. We do have some members here who work for VW dealers, but this is different than working for VW. I suspect that every VW dealer is different in what discounts they offer to their employees. In other words, there probably is no single answer to your question - at least not that you are going to get here. Sorry.

Have Fun!

Don

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
1gunther1: What answer are you waiting to hear? I think Don is right on. I'm sorry, too, as you're barking up the wrong tree here.

1gunther1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL 2012 Passat SEL
What the employee discount is. That was the original question.

I will know this weekend but did not want to wait.

Once I get the info I will post it here unless it will just be deleted?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Thank you for your corporate answer :(

Piss poor.
I have absolutely no connection with VW (either corporate or dealer), I only spoke the truth. If anything here is "piss poor", it is your attitude. It is what it is. Live with it.

Have Fun!

Don

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
As well double posting the SAME question when you don't get the answer you want, WHEN you want it is just RUDE.

So it sounds like they are offering a vehicle to you at VW employee pricing and you just can't wait to find out what it is.

Well how about you find out what we are REALLY paying in REAL life and have that in your arsenal when you negotiate. There are plenty of postings here on ACTUAL deals being made.

Knowing VW sales people, them giving you Employee pricing might actually be more than what we are paying.

If you want help you need to be a little nicer. We are NOT here to SERVE your needs on your schedule and impatience will get you no where.

A great quote I saw the other day seems appropriate here:

How surprised you will be when they discover the center of the universe and you are not there.

Last edited:

1gunther1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL 2012 Passat SEL
Tom you have posted another very incitefull answer. If you all can't answer the question why post? Was the question to complicated for you?? It appears to be. Same for Don.

I have a simple question. As for the rude part let me actually be rude. How about you engage in a self reproductive act :)

Peace!

Last edited:

chris@revotechnik

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
12 JSW, 98 TJ cummins, bunch of gassers
Never heard of an actual employee discount if you are looking for a set % off or dollar amount, this is having worked for both Audi and VW dealers. Occasionally they will offer lease deals to move cars, usually nothing down short terms like 12 months. It is just to move some product off the lots and create a batch of CPO cars they know were treated well a year later.. that is actually more Audi than VW really from what I have seen. They do them more often with actual VOA employees then dealer but sometimes it is offered to dealer employees.

On a dealer level there is no set employee pricing at all, the price is 100% up to that dealer. If Cindy in accounting or Bob in parts wants a car they go to a salesperson just like any other customer and work out a deal. It isn't always better than someone off the street. For example when I got my mk4 1.8t 12 years ago yesterday :) it was one of the very first ones in the country, took us weeks to even get the sticker with an MSRP on it. I paid more than actual customers did 3 months down the road when the cars were flooding the lots just becuase I wanted the first one, didn't matter that I worked there.

Not sure why I answered though you didn't deserve a response.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Tom you have posted another very incitefull answer. If you all can't answer the question why post? Was the question to complicated for you?? It appears to be. Same for Don.

I have a simple question. As for the rude part let me actually be rude. How about you engage in a self reproductive act :)

Peace!

If anyone EVER helps you again in this forum, I will be quite surprised.

Hopefully the dealer will apply the asshat surcharge for you.

Bill

Niner

duplicate account, banned
If anyone EVER helps you again in this forum, I will be quite surprised.
Hopefully the dealer will apply the asshat surcharge for you.
Bill
I'm sure he'll get the extra special rate on that surcharge. Wonder what dealership he works at, so we can avoid it for even hiring such a rude asshat, owner must have issues to hire such a clown.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Frankly I am a little bit surprised at the tone/approach of the OP.

Please do not pour anymore gasoline, oh I meant diesel/biomass in the fire :(

G P R

TDI
2012 CW 6M Golf TDI
When completing my financing paperwork the employee (finance manager) told me that I got a better deal then she did. At least at this particular dealership, according to this individual, employee pricing on a vehicle is 100.00 over invoice. For what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.