Does your Passat w/DSG Roll when in Park?

Alan Berry

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
My Passat rolls a lot more than any of the 75 cars I've owned over my lifetime. I'm just saying, since most people in the relatively flat confines of their garage don't bother with the extra step of pulling the emercency brake, it would be thoughtful to mention the significant movement of the car when it is delivered. Could have saved me $400!

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
It is a parking brake, you are supposed to use it every time you park. Anyone that had a drivers course was taught this.... but many 'knew better'! HEH.

Bill

Niner

duplicate account, banned
My Passat rolls a lot more than any of the 75 cars I've owned over my lifetime. I'm just saying, since most people in the relatively flat confines of their garage don't bother with the extra step of pulling the emercency brake, it would be thoughtful to mention the significant movement of the car when it is delivered. Could have saved me $400!
Double face palm.

Did you ever read the DMV manual before getting your drivers license? Maybe a refresher course, reading, and testing is in order. :confused:

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Not in defense of anyone, my elderly mother would not set the parking brake because it was too hard for her to release it, especially the handheld ones after I set it.

This is where the new power brake systems are better since it just requires the push of a button.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Not in defense of anyone, my elderly mother would not set the parking brake because it was too hard for her to release it, especially the handheld ones after I set it.

This is where the new power brake systems are better since it just requires the push of a button.
However, if you have to use the parking brake in an emergency situation, the electronic parking brake won't help since you can't easily and quickly release it. I've had to use it that way when a brake line broke.