Door lock actuator

n1acguy

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat TDI DSG SE/Sunroof
Glad you got it but you shouldn't have to remove the lock cylinder.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
2009 wagon.

I got my unopenable door to open.

When I tested the module and reassembled I accidentally set the child safety from inside, which disabled interior latch. Upon closing the door, I tried to lock. It clicked and feedback to ecm registered with the lock logo glowing orange instead of red. Yay. Right? No.

Tried to unlock, electric motor was too pussy to drive the worm gear, so the outer latch was disabled.

End result is a door that cannot be opened from either side.

So I bought a new module, and tried to get the door apart, long story short, don't reinstall that plastic cover, because it would of been so much easier to reach back there and manually move the red lever (as if the door was open) to overcome the lock so it'll open from outside .

I didn't install it with new module. And test with a scree driver before closing the door! Worry about door close sensor last.

Only weird thing I noticed, is I have to pull the interior latch twice to open from inside if locked.

One pull to unlock, a 2nd pull to pop latch.

Is this normal? Other 3 doors don't lock since purchased car , so i wouldn't know. Haha.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Only weird thing I noticed, is I have to pull the interior latch twice to open from inside if locked.

One pull to unlock, a 2nd pull to pop latch.

Is this normal? Other 3 doors don't lock since purchased car , so i wouldn't know. Haha.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Yes, that's normal operation for the rear doors. Another child safety feature I would imagine. All in all, not a bad idea.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
The drivers side door won't lock on my 2013 SEL now. Last month the ad blue heater died and this month the door lock is messed up. I can't wait to sell this car back.

jevs

TDI
2013 Passat SEL DSG
The drivers side door won't lock on my 2013 SEL now. Last month the ad blue heater died and this month the door lock is messed up. I can't wait to sell this car back.
You can probably fix those for $350 or so yourself give or take, but yeah why bother at this point. I had the lock go out on mine. It was $105.
I also just replaced the Adblue heater in my mother in laws 2013 at 73k. The kit was $227.

However, I have not had much else go wrong with mine. I still wish this did not happened. I would have no plans to get rid of it.

I am driving my replacement. Bought it Saturday. Trying to beat the rush while there were still some deals to be had.....Imagine buying a similar car when 400k other people get their checks LOL!

Last edited:

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
You can probably fix those for $350 or so yourself give or take, but yeah why bother at this point. I had the lock go out on mine. It was $105.
I also just replaced the Adblue heater in my mother in laws 2013 at 73k. The kit was $227.

However, I have not had much else go wrong with mine. I still wish this did not happened. I would have no plans to get rid of it.

I am driving my replacement. Bought it Saturday. Trying to beat the rush while there were still some deals to be had.....Imagine buying a similar car when 400k other people get their checks LOL!
What did you buy? My wife wants an SUV and she's been looking at the BMW X5 diesel and Q7. I may just give her my Q5 TDI and buy another truck.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I found a used actuator from a 2014 Golf on eBay and installed it today. It fixed the issue. Make sure that you have an M6 triple square to remove the actuator bolts. The bolts have red loctite on them, but the impact broke it loose easily.

Last edited:

unifiddy

TDI
na
I just changed my driver door actuator. My remote start wouldn't work either because it wasn't registering as locked. All works now.

I know my way around the toolbox, and I wouldn't say it was an easy job, but definitely not worth $700. So many plugs and the actuator is kind of a tight fit and hard to get key hole lined up.