Which is easier ?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Just wondering, I have now removed the headlight housings and grill twice to install LED fog lamps and LED turnsignals as well as load resistors for the turn signals.

I am not happy with the LED H8 fog light bulbs and will be taking them out and replace with non-LED. The original bulbs had better light output.

My question is thus. Can you get at the fog lights from underneath by removing ot partially removing the plastic belly pan ? I have ramps so I wonder if it can be done that way ?

BigJimmy428

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Just wondering, I have now removed the headlight housings and grill twice to install LED fog lamps and LED turnsignals as well as load resistors for the turn signals.

I am not happy with the LED H8 fog light bulbs and will be taking them out and replace with non-LED. The original bulbs had better light output.

My question is thus. Can you get at the fog lights from underneath by removing ot partially removing the plastic belly pan ? I have ramps so I wonder if it can be done that way ?
You probably can, however pulling off the plastic around the light, pull the reflector and then remove a screw and the fog light housing comes right off. Total time per light it under 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
Can you see how a thread title like "removing fog lights from underneath" would have been far more useful? Then we wouldn't all have to click on your damn thread to see what its about.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Can you see how a thread title like "removing fog lights from underneath" would have been far more useful? Then we wouldn't all have to click on your damn thread to see what its about.
Boooo hoooo !!!!:eek: