No AC after Trans service???

TDI06GUY

TDI
2013 TDI Passat
Hey guys,

I got my local indy to do my transmission service again (4th time he's done it) and when I picked up the car the AC wouldn't turn on....no light on under the button. Fan blows out economy vent air only. Took it back to him...he doesn't have a Vagcom. What can he check without a Vagcom to determine functioning of the system? Unfortunately, I live in a rural area with the nearest dealer more than 90 miles away so any help would be greatly appreciated. Plus, I really don't want to spend anymore $$ than necessary.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
How did he do the transmission service without a VCDS?

A scan of the climate control head will show a lot.

-J

TDI06GUY

TDI
2013 TDI Passat
So the climate control scan would need to be performed with a VCDS? Or will other scanners work?

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
If he is an independent shop he's probably not very well versed with TDI's. If he were he would have a VCDS. He probably just added 5 liters and called it good. The bad part is he probably uses and aftermarket filter cap seal and those seem to leak at nearly a 100% rate.

There really isn't anything that he should have had to touch doing the DSG service that has anything to do with the A/C. It is hard to believe that you A/C would go out as a coincidence to your DSG service so he really needs to at least diagnose it on his dime. And a VCDS would be best for that but a high end Snap-On scanner may be able to read the codes from the module. It won't have the capability of the VCDS for sure but it may lead him in the right direction.

TDI06GUY

TDI
2013 TDI Passat
I'm wondering if disconnecting and reconnecting the battery would've had any impact. I read in another post that driving the car 30-40mph resets the sensor. Not sure what sensor they were talking about.

My indy told me that there were no codes present other than the adblue heater, which I know about.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
So the climate control scan would need to be performed with a VCDS? Or will other scanners work?
You will need VCDS or the dealer scan tool to scan the climate control system. A regular OBDII code scanner will not do it.