2014 or 2015???

pellapat

TDI
2014 TDI Passat
Well after debating for a few weeks and passing on a 6k discount along with a grand of fuel I am holding out for the 2015. I realize I will have to wait a full year to get a decent deal and will drive the jetta until then. Any thought for the 2014?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I don't think the 2015s are going to be any different (or at least not significantly).

$6000 + $1000 in fuel is a pretty good deal. I'd take it.

My2013TDI

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Isn't the new TDI coming out later this year for the 15 models? I've started tossing around the idea of a new one but I'm perfectly content with my 13 SE. Ohhhh the temptation though when I look at the incentives.

Last edited:

pellapat

TDI
2014 TDI Passat
My research showed the updated motor, major interior upgrades as well as a significant increase for the interior volume as well as a new instrument cluster and a new grill. Am I incorrect on this?

50pascals

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 A6 3.0 TDI Prestige, prior was a 2013 TDI Passat SEL Plus
8 percent more estimated highway mpg vs. $7,000? I'd take the cash.

You will never notice 10 hp either.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Very good points.

I also forgot to mention that if it does get the new engine, you're once again in uncharted waters. By now, we know what we're getting into with the CKRA engine... some early turbocharger failures and some AdBlue system issues. What will the new EA288 engine bring?

My2013TDI

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
8 percent more estimated highway mpg vs. $7,000? I'd take the cash.

You will never notice 10 hp either.
What he said...

Take the 7k and get what you want.

I got a call from my partner at work and didn't realize that I had left the station and took the key to the ambulance with me. Just got back after a 60 mile drive and I've gotta say, there's still something about this car. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, efficient and torque on demand. I cruised the highways at 65 with my sunroof open and the stereo turned up and enjoyed this beautiful Houston night and I averaged 49mpg.

The only way I'd trade this car in is for a SEL, but I'm perfectly happy with my SE.

My2013TDI

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
My research showed the updated motor, major interior upgrades as well as a significant increase for the interior volume as well as a new instrument cluster and a new grill. Am I incorrect on this?
2015 will be the same body style. 2016 is the redesign and judging by the spy shots, I'm not too if I'm impressed.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI