Production Date:

4Jake

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Does a production date mean when a vehicle was built or does it mean when the production of the vehicle started?

More or less how long does it take from when a vehicle is produced to when it arrives at the dealership?

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
In Production is kind of up for debate. I think my car has shown "In Production" for well over a month. I would not get my hopes up. I ordered my car on 11/4/2011. Smart money at the office is betting on dates around March 15th for delivery.

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
Well now my car shows "Production Stock next update 03/02/2012".. I am starting to wonder if they will ever build the car. According to the dealership it has been in production for almost 2 months. Anyone know what this means? My guess is that it means it is scheduled for production on 3/2 or maybe it will be finished on 3/2. Worse yet it could mean nothing and on 3/2 they come back and say Production Stock Next update 3/17/2012.

I really have no idea what is going on. At this point the only thing I have going for me is that I know the car was actually ordered.

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Put my downpayment and placed my order on December 23 for an SEL TDI at $200 below MSRP and my dealer can't update me on anything. Decided to cancel and place order elsewhere. Should i hold out for 2013? I'm from Louisiana, anyone recommend a dealer within the surrounding states?
This is my first dealing with VW and sales staff and it hasn't been a pleasant one. It's a shame I have to go through these measures to buy a new vehicle.

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof