HPFP Failures-State by State List

AudiCoop79

TDI
2011 Audi A3 Sportback TDI
Got the Audi back. Tensioner on front pulley wasn't tightened all the way. Easy fix and glad it wasn't the hpfp again!

Blue91

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
My 09 JSW had the issue in August 2014. It was 1 month short of 6 years old (picked up in Oct 08). 63,500 miles on it. Houston Texas

ygk007

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagon
There goes another one!

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI Manual 73,XXX miles. Rebuilt title, waiting on VW to make an exception as they don't cover rebuilts even though it's really just an accounting maneuver that says that it cost more than 75% of the value of the car to repair it at full retail. Orlando, FL

darevans

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Automatic Trans
2009 Jetta TDI

My HPFP grenaded on July 4th. Been sitting at dealership for 2 months while trying desperately to get VOA to do the right thing and pay for the fix or at least discount the fix. My car had 120850 miles (850 miles over the extended warranty). VOA took the position that since the buyback was costing them so much money that the were no longer going to assist customers in ANY way on warranty extensions or by providing parts or labor for the fix as they have done numerous times in the past. Class action attorneys have been involved in mine so I don't think we have heard the last from this issue. I towed mine away from the dealer and have a Guru from this site coming to change my pump and clean or replace any component to make it run again. I will not be driving the car anymore so I just want it to run long enough to turn in back in for the buyback. LAST VW or VW product for me as I have ZERO respect for VW at this point.

edge130

Veteran Member
TDI
Wife's 2009 Jetta TDI sedan (2009 - 2017)
VOA comment

It seems what I predicted months back, unfortunately , is now true.
To hear from someone that VOA is admitting that the financial distress is now affecting their willingness to intervene and pay for owner-dealer disputes like they use to be able to do prior to diesel scandal. It seems unlikely they will be able to afford warranty extensions, pay for disputed parts or labor. The financial bleeding isn't over, I'm afraid VW will be have to be counting all their beans for quite awhile.

Last edited:

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
It seems what I predicted months back, unfortunately , is now true.
To hear from someone that VOA is admitting that the financial distress is now affecting their willingness to intervene and pay for owner-dealer disputes like they use to be able to do prior to diesel scandal. It seems unlikely they will be able to afford warranty extensions, pay for disputed parts or labor. The financial bleeding isn't over, I'm afraid VW will be have to be counting all their beans for quite awhile.
They still need to commit to pay for blown HPFPs up to 120,000 miles though.

I am keeping my car until then. At 93,000 now, so about 1.5 years. I also heard that if you get the emissions fix, that warranty gets extended another 48,000 miles.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5146533&postcount=37

Last edited:

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Did anyone else notice there were no 2013 HPFP failures? (IIRC)

ez

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
The list is out-of-date. Last update was January 2013.