PRNDS Flashing and P0717 Error, 2006 Jetta TDI

baabugaabu

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have 2006 Jetta TDI.

One guy who worked at VW shop changed my Transmission oil. In Just 2-3 days while I was driving, Car went to low gear and PRNDS flashing. Reverse does not work. You turn off and start again everything becomes normal but you drive for 30sec and it starts flashing again.

Hook up the code reader, got P0717 error. I can't drive any more. Now when I change the gear from P to S and then S to P, I get clicking noise from transmission. Feels like something trying to move but taking a time to move or taking time to engage something or may be no oil pressure and could not move. I don't know. So when I am going back from bottom to top (S to P side) then and then it clicks but when I go from P to S, nothing happens. when I am doing P to S or S to P, I am stopping at each gear for about 30 sec. Car start jerking when I am at N.

Called dealer, they want me to bring the car for Diagnostics.

I don't know what to do. I called few people and they said transmission is gone. I asked for the cost and it is about $3000.

Anybody have any ideal what could be the problem? Any help is appreciated.

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
P0717 17101 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor "A" Circuit No Signal

Proximate cause seems to be "guy who worked at VW shop changed my Transmission oil". Right kind of oil? Correct procedure? Correct quantity?

This is from Bentley:

baabugaabu

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Thank you for the reply.

I think I should start from changing oil again.

My car was running smooth before this change.
Either the guy did not change the oil properly or use wrong kind of oil.

Sensor is working when I turn off the car and start again.
so I do not think the sensor is the problem. I think sensor is not seeing the part which suppose to be sensing, either the part is not coming there because not shifting due to oil pressure or stuck valve or something.

let me start with the correct oil first. I have already ordered the sensor as well as oil.

Thank you again.

I will post once I finished the oil change.